OK, I HAVE to meet with the judicial committee. Advice?

by AlmostAtheist 66 Replies latest jw friends

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Oh man, I so feel for you. This is just another example of ... /rant ended before it began

My only question for you is: after you all have held the baby once, is that going to be enough? Once you've held the baby you'll fall in love, and never being able to hold the baby again will be worse than if you'd never gotten to do it at all. Are you willing to continue to cave to the elders for continued access to the baby?

Just something to think about. I am SO sorry.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Oh man...I just got home and my husband gave me the news...I'm so sad.

But you do have a good point PurpleV

after you all have held the baby once, is that going to be enough? Once you've held the baby you'll fall in love, and never being able to hold the baby again will be worse than if you'd never gotten to do it at all.

I was planning on going to her baby shower this Sunday, but now I don't think I can. I don't think I can take the emotional crap. I'm so hurting right now. I'm having so much trouble keeping the tears in. I knew it was coming but you just can't prepare yourself for this. I'll be glad when this is all over and I can start rebuilding my life again. My family and I were always very tight. I hope my mom can get through this too. I know this will be very hard for her as well.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

[QUOTE]
    DFING FOR XMAS WTF? The july 15th awake said it was up to you
    [/QUOTE]

I haven't exactly kept up my spiritual feeding program, and I have to admit that one must've slipped past me. Can you tell me more, post a snippet, something on that order?

Thanks!

Dave

• bebu
    bebu

(((((Freedom)))))

I'm so sorry. I hope your sister turns out to be made of gold, here.

bebu

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear about your problem. That's really cool of you to want to try to help out the one elder you think has some hope. But I wouldn't put much hope in successfully stalling too long. If they actually saw your decorations, I'm sure they've got their finger on the trigger. Hopefully your sister-in-law will be cool.

and of course their secret elder's book (with matching decoder ring)

That was freakin' hillarious.

In terms of what you might say to help the possibly-cool elder, it's hard to imagine much being helpful on the Christmas topic. I mean, it took me year after leaving to want to celebrate it, and I didn't even have religious leanings! What I'm saying is, it doesn't seem like a topic that's likely to have any resonance to a Witness, unless maybe he was raised outside.

Then again, my standard approach of disproving the Bible doesn't go over real well either, so hey, seriously, what do I know? I'm not good at the tactful anti-witness. :-)

SNG

• Odrade
    Odrade

I have to admit, even though XQs is usually full of shit about "new policies" you might actually be able to get away with this one. Remember the article awhile back (Sept maybe?) about Pinatas? Read it closely. You may be able to "play dumb" and use that last paragraph to your advantage. Tell them you assumed this held for any other customs as long as you stayed away from religious trappings. Yeah, it's deceptive, but at the very least they are not going to know exactly what to do with you. It might buy you some time...

O

• Swan
    Swan

Almost,

It was an article on piƱatas and it said that it had to do with local custom and it was a conscience matter. You can always claim that when you read that article you interpreted it to mean that the article was saying it was now okay to celebrate Christmas and birthdays. As the spiritual head of the household you then told your wife that. Tell them you are sorry, you won't do it again, and you won't pressure your wife to celebrate the holidays any more.

Now, if you can suck it up and do all of that, they might be lenient with you and give you the benefit of the doubt. Your wife will probably be okay. I know it goes against the grain, but if you want to see that baby you will probably have to grovel.

On the other hand, if it starts getting too crazy, just tell them you don't want to be JWs any more and be done with it. You may still be able to see the baby under the family business excuse.

Good luck to you!

Tammy

• Swan
    Swan

Odrade!

Jinx, you owe me a coke.

You and I seem to think a lot a like. I just read your post after posting mine.

Tammy

• Odrade
    Odrade

also, see if you can meet with them at your house instead. That way your wife can be present, and maybe you can change the "tone" of the meeting to one of "shepherding" rather than judicial.

• Odrade
    Odrade

haha Tammy, I've thought the same thing myself...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit