Ooops..Oh Harry..Not A Good Move.

by Englishman 71 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

Poor Harry; his lapse of bad judgement has been magnified across the globe.....

The poor kid is saddled with a "royal birthright"; but is still just a kid sowing some wild oats; the media should cut him some slack...

If that is the least of his "youthful trespasses" ; so what? His costume was in poor taste. I can think of much worse this kid could be up to.

• blondie
    blondie

I think it just proves how little the younger generation know about history. And who is teaching the younger generation?

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Hmmmm.....I recall from the history books his great uncle and aunt the Duke and Dutchess of Windsor had visited Hitler at his hideout at Brechtesgaden.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I take it the royal family is suffering the effects of centuries of inbreeding?

AlanF

• upside/down
    upside/down

I saw two guys at a Halloween party dressed as Mormons and they were "selling" subscriptions to "Penthouse", very tasteless, very irreverent and very funny!

You Brits, need to lighten up!

Cheers

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If that is the least of his "youthful trespasses" ; so what? His costume was in poor taste. I can think of much worse this kid could be up to.

I agree, Frank. If this was indeed a costume party, then his attire was a costume. People dress as all sorts of historical monsters at costume parties. Harry is a young pup, still.

Don't people go such parties dressed as Atilla the Hun and other meanies?

• Angharad
    Angharad

It was poor judgment at the best of times, but I think a lot of the fuss is especially big because of it happening two weeks before the commemoration of the closing of Auschwitz, which the Queen is going to be present at/opening whatever she does !

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The poor kid is saddled with a "royal birthright"; but is still just a kid sowing some wild oats; the media should cut him some slack...

In the past the Monarchies did not have to worry about things like this... anyone who tried to make public such an embarrassing thing would quickly find that they were missing their head.

Oops! Where'd I put that thing? I always knew I'd loose it if it weren't attached!

Maybe this is why the modern Monarchie is a joke. A lion with no teeth.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think it's actually quite funny.

There's lots of fancy dress hire shops that cater for German uniforms over here. I guess you aren't meant to look too deeply though.

Englishman.

• jws
    jws

Wonder if anybody else showed up dressed as papparazi?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit