Ooops..Oh Harry..Not A Good Move.

by Englishman 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

flyin...one good beat down and he would be sure not to make at least that mistake again. It is the same w/rich spoiled kids who do stupid stuff and simply don't care, because there are few if any consequences they really have to worry about, especially from their parents, or society in general.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    flyin...one good beat down and he would be sure not to make at least that mistake again.

Valis, I agree with you. It is certain Harry will learn many valuable lessons from his blunder. One of which is that lots of people love to jump to the worst conclusion and attribute the worst of motivations. Especially do people do this to someone famous who also happens to be rich, spoiled kid. What was that song by Don Henley about people loving dirty laundry?

Also sincerely,

Flyin'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
    Comes on at five
    She can tell you ?bout the plane crash with a gleam
    In her eye
    It?s interesting when people die-
    Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
    Is the head dead yet?
    You know, the boys in the newsroom got a
    Running bet
    Get the widow on the set!
    We need dirty laundry

You don?t really need to find out what?s going on
    You don?t really want to know just how far it?s gone
    Just leave well enough alone
    Eat your dirty laundry

From the song: Dirty Laundry by Don Henley

• Valis
    Valis
    One of which is that lots of people love to jump to the worst conclusion and attribute the worst of motivations.

true, but if you have ever had to deal with skin heads and neo nazis you tend to not suffer the fools very well.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• undercover
    undercover

I agree that it was not in the best interests of the Royal Family or even England for Harry to wear this outfit to a party but at the same time, he's just a kid. He probably thought it would be funny, not considering the history of the war and the atrocities associated with the war. Too bad someone didn't advise him to dress differently.

If this had been Tony Blair or some other high profile politician then the following firestorm of controversy would be expected, but I'm willing to give the kid the benefit of the doubt, expecting of course that he learns from this mistake and considers how his actions reverbrate through the land.

I heard George W. went to the same party dressed as Saddam Hussein.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    true, but if you have ever had to deal with skin heads and neo nazis you tend to not suffer the fools very well.

I say try to save getting very upset for the real skinheads and neo nazis. They came and handed out leaflets in the town I lived in. Everyone ignored them and they went away. They never held a protest in our town again.

Have you ever seen the movie by Mel Brooks called The Producers?

• Pole
    Pole

Flyin',

I think nobody on this thread attributes any intentions to Harry other than his utter idiocy.

He's not just an average kid. I'm sure as a royal he's had a very good education at least in the recent history. Certainly much better than the average neo-nazi bonehead. If anything can excuse him, then I'd say he has a problem with his royalty and all the high expectations that come with it. I mean it's hard to be a real prince in the 21st century. Let's hope he has learnt a lesson.

Prince Edward is representing the UK to the Auschwitz Museum celebrations this year. In 20 year's time will it be Harry?

Pole

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it was a stupid thing to do yes. maybe he thought he was being funny?. (eh, who can explain british humor anyway?)

i admire this kid though in other ways. he has worked hard over in 3rd world countries getting aid to those in need. and he's very well spoken about the charities he works for.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Pole,

I'm sure as a royal he's had a very good education at least in the recent history.

Like all the other intellectually brilliant Royals, his teachers did try.

HS

• Pole
    Pole

HS,

LOL. Well, at least that's what Dicky Arbiter (former Buckingham Palace spokesman) said about his education today.

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit