physical discipline

by Low-Key Lysmith 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Steph - the question is how are behaving at Staples when you are crawling around on the floor to avoid the hubby's ex? Do they keep quiet and creep along or do they make noise and give you away?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Actually it was an office depot. . .

• upside/down
    upside/down

Let's not get the wrong picture- I've only ever spanked my kids a FEW times in 16 years, mostly at the toddler age for reason already mentioned. Parenting is 99.9999 percent more than corporal punishment. My daughter for instance is one of those kids that a spank or spanking flat out wouldn't work. Ban her to isolation in her room on the other hand DID! My boys all you had to do was look at them angrily and they would almost cry- and comply. It's the nuances of the term "abuse", that I sometimes have a hard time swallowing. My wife used the word "abuse" in all of it's political correctness to have my children taken from me- thank "God" it didn't work. As the authorities (Sheriff and Judge) didn't agree with her "use" of the term and even chastised her for making a mockery of the poor souls that are truly abused.

Again I say here's to good parents everywhere and their efforts to raise decent human beings!!!

(Stef) good job with the weee ones! Only a bastard would "beat" and deliberately humiliate his own progeny. Club Me

u/d

• Incense_and_Peppermints
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie
    ((( Stefanie )))

Thanks sweetie

I sent you a pm.......lol

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

My parents were very abusive. But it had nothing to do with being a witness...they were both abused as children. My dad by his non witness parents and my mom by her witness parents. When I complained to the elders they always said that it was a family matter that they could not get involved in. One of my friends moms...who was an elder's wife...always tried to help. She would have me over when my parents were being particularly rough. She'd tell me to tell my mom and dad that i was going to spend the night at her family's house. I'd say no, I have to ask and she'd say "no, this time, you TELL them you're staying over here" One time my dad (who was an unbeliever) hit my oldest sister (who was a 17 yr old reg pioneer) and she left for a few days and stayed with another elder and his wife. The PO counseled the elder for interfering in our family and told my sister that she had to come home or else her service would have no merit and her prayers would be blocked.

The good news is that my family has worked through our probs, gone to therapy, dad has gone through rehab and non of us go to meetings anymore. We are finally the loving supportive family that we should've always been. It's too bad it didn't happen til I was in my twenties, but I wouldn't trade my family for anything now.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Now that's a great ending! I had a similar sitch... took half a lifetime to get things worked out. But things are good now thanks to a lot of effort by a lot of people.

Here's to the end of a matter being better than the beginning. A true testimony to the human spirit of never giving up!

u/d

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I sent you a pm.......lol

i sent you one back... wheee...

• upside/down
    upside/down

I want a pm..... I feel left out

u/d

• coldfish
    coldfish

When my brother was a young child and we were at the meetings, he wouldn't always sit still. My father used to march him out the back (and we used to sit up near the front, so everyone could see) so he'd march he out to the back and give him a 'good thrashing'.

Apparently some old sisters used to cry when they saw my father taking my brother out for a beating cause they knew it was so severe. None of the elders cared though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit