physical discipline

by Low-Key Lysmith 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    My stepdad,(wa**er) didnt half give me some beatings, all in the name of love...honest, that was his last word as he thrashed me with a bamboo cane across the back of the legs!!...

i can see it now... "this hurts me more than it hurts you" puncuated with -whap-whap-whap-. (i never believed that one for a second)...

• Jez
    Jez

My mom's brother made her a leather strap that was used on us kids regularly growing up. It has sayings written all over it like, "A little pain for alot of good" "God disciplines those he loves" etc I think she still has it somewhere, I never ask. You have no idea how much that thing hurt. One time I saved my little cute 4 year old sister from a strapping. She was over my mothers legs, butt up, getting beaten. I was about 12, I grabbed that f***ing strap out of her hands, grabbed my sister off, raised that strap up high and hit my mother's legs with that strap as hard as I could. Well, the beating I got afterwards was well worth the howling I heard out of her mouth. I don't remember getting the strap ever again or seeing it after that.

I was pressured to spank my little girl at the KH. I hang my head in shame to admit that I caved at times and joined the other spankers in the basement of the KH. How stupid and ignorant of me.

My sister 'reasons' with her 3 year old. Well, he is a tyrant. He doesn't understand her level and needs a good smack on the butt as far as I am concerned. Not a crazy spanking, just a smack and a stern, LISTEN! Simple and to the point. All this gentle parenting gets on my nerves sometimes. Balance is the key.

IMHO Jez

• seawolf
    seawolf

I got spanked some but not much. Certainly NOTHING like I saw at the hall how they would beat their children. The sad part is several times some of the witnesses would spank the crap out of kids that weren't even their's. Fortunately I wasn't on the receiving end of that either.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Usually when my brothers were acting up at the meeting, I'd just take them to one of the back schools for being noisy and hang out back there and read the books.. hehehe. But after the meeting we'd get home and line up like little soldiers for a whack or five with the bent-up coat hanger from Dad. One time, my little brother put the Bible in the back of his pants when my Dad was spanking with his hand. Now *that* was funny!

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit