physical discipline

by Low-Key Lysmith 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

OOh Crappin 'ell.

My stepdad,(wa**er) didnt half give me some beatings, all in the name of love...honest, that was his last word as he thrashed me with a bamboo cane across the back of the legs!!...shit,it makes me whince now. ''I'm doing this because I love you''. That was after he'd sat me down, read a scripture or two that confirmed I was a sinner, and I probably wouldnt enter the new system as a result. (Hell if you're gonna be there, then perhaps I don't want to be!!)

• upside/down
    upside/down

ya- what can I say, too many people have psychotics for parents. I guess I was lucky. And I always was convinced I had bad parents growing up.

It's funny how one extreme - seems to lead to an opposite extreme. I feel for all of you who've been truly "abused". End the cycle.

u/d

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Do you think that spanking a child on the bottom with your hand, after they have been told what would happen if they keep doing a certain thing is abuse?

I spanked my son about half a dozen times. Because I didn't threaten and not follow through and because I didn't beat the crap out of him when I was pissed, it was an effective way to direct the child.

So if we were at a friends house and he was starting to climb up the bookcase and I said - "Stop that." - and he gave me a look like "Why should I?" and then recalls one of the consequenses and stops. How is that bad?

Seriously, there is a difference in a spanking and abuse.

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Totally right confusedjw...

Its necessary to guide youngsters for their own safety sometimes. A short smack on the hand or bottom tells them that it should not be repeated. But to be thrashed with an implement of somekind is abuse!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Imo no-one has the right to hit/smack/spank another Human Being.I dont care if they are your Children .

Bullies hit kids.Bleeding Heart liberal?Me?Yeah probably.

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Don't agree with that!

Bullies use force. As a parent, it is a symbolic gesture to a child, not a forceful whallop!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

No excuse? Ever? So if I catch someone touching your child where he shouldn't you don't want me to hit them in the mouth?

I do understand your point, but I still maintain that a reasonable spank is not abuse. And Fear is not always bad. Thus fear of a spank can keep the child out of a lot of trouble.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Right on confusedjw-

I love hard core "liberals" and their utopian view of existence. Especially when a cop gives an order and they mouth back and the cop "lovingly" tries to "adjust" their viewpoint with a choke hold. Do these people have jobs and bosses? Are there not heavy consequences in life when you don't comply with "the rules"? I love the people who think that they will whow the IRS who's boss... they seem to just disappear.

Here's to those who truly love and have "balance"... and to our "unabused" progeny,

u/d

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Confused jw

I appreciate what your getting at .

I was talking about normal,every day civillised interaction.Obviously tho the scenario you paint is differant.If you punched someone who did what you say, i would appreciate that...then buy you a Beer.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I dont care how other people raise their kids, and i will never be in a place to tell them either.

I dont spank my kids... NEVER. I was never spanked but upon entering the dubs, my ex would beat our daughter. He would pull down her panties and hit her so hard she had a hand print on her behind! Then came the day when he slapped her in the back of the head. I made sure he never touched the kids again! My two babies born out of the troof have never been hit.

LOL

And they behave very well at walmartEven the 1 year old never asks for anything

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit