Who makes the WORST boss.....Male or Female??

by ScoobySnax 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

My current boss is the greatest boss on the planet. She gets ahold of me when she needs something, or has new books for me, and generally stays out of my way. I don't know what I'll do when she retires..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Valis, I hear you. My last boss was female, and one of the old school. She was a fantastic role model to me, and was nearing retirement earlier this year, she supported me through every step of the way, was kind, efficient and had a wicked sense of humour, yet everyone respected her so much. She finally retired in June, just as I got my permanent Ward Managers post, she said to me then....."I got you this far matey....you're out on your own now...." and off she went into the sunset into retirement. God I miss her, I'm still trying to act sometimes like I know exactly what I'm doing, but I miss her direction so much, she was a pleasure to work for. So I know how you're gonna feel about yours.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

female - so f-----g moody

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

but apart from her..........yep, like I said.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My current supervisor is great... he does not micro manage at all and he trusts all of his people to self start and get things done without him needing to hover or check up on them.

He just comes to me with an assignment and I send him weekly status reports... then he brings me something else....

Mild tempered and always looks out for his people when anyone from other departments try to throw stones.

Hell, he'll even buy donuts when his team looses. Of course you better be ready to buy donuts when YOUR team looses.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm selfemployed, so each customer is my boss (and people think that i am my own boss). They are all reasonably good, all a bit of a pain. This came about by the people i don't like or don't like me simply not having me work for them. I simply don't work for a$$holes (well, not more than one time).

Btw scoob, that problem you had w a manipulative worker, did that situation settle?

S

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Blimey Satanus.....you remembered!! that was a few months back!

Yep it sort of got sorted itself, I was promoted so got moved to another area, just next door to her. Funny, I was talking to her today, and although that streak in her still exists, she seems to have mellowed a bit, maybe its the fact she doesn't feel she has to compete with me anymore, I don't know. What I do know is that a couple of her colleagues came over to talk to me today and were unhappy with her still. Luckily my friend got promoted the same time as me, and took over my old position. I think maybe she is handling her better and more effectively than I did.

But thanks for asking, and remembering.

Scoob

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

First off, I refuse to have a 'Boss' of any kind.

I will, however, report to a manager.

I have mostly worked with (for) and reported to men. For the past year and a half I report to a woman. She is 15 years younger than me. And a very, very good coach and manager.

When I was first assigned to work on her team, I was not pleased. I did not think that 'Barbie' would have the strength and clarity of purpose. I was very, very wrong.

Of 9 managers in my division, she is the only female. Her (our) team consistently hits our targets and works very well together. I am convinced that this is due to her ability to nurture when needed, discipline when required, and let the grown-ups get their work done.

And coming out of a male-dominated cult and misogynistic (sp??) household, I have grown and learned so much from my interactions with her.

In answer to your question, Male or Female? I think it depends on the individual. But an intelligent, confident woman will put most of her male counterparts to shame. (sorry guys! But I do believe this...!!)

-Aude.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks for the update. I am glad that you got out of that situation and into a promotion. Maybe there was some kind of bad chemistry between you two. It happens sometimes.

S

• PinTail
    PinTail

Never I mean never work under a Red Haired women boss, they mean B from H.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit