Who makes the WORST boss.....Male or Female??

by ScoobySnax 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

6 months ago I was promoted to ward manager in the hospital I work in, and despite all the stress that goes with working in healthcare (particularly the good ol NHS!) I come home usually knackered but still pleased that this is the job/career path I have chosen. Managing nurses brings its own headaches, and without wanting to sound sexist, it is sometimes difficult to work alongside a whole group of women and try to keep a happy ship with all the personalities that come into play. On the whole though I'm proud of all of them, and the positive comments and cards we get from patients backs up what brilliant nurses I think they are.......but....

... Due to the nature of this job, most of my managers are female, originally nurses themselves who like me have clawed their way up to senior management posts. To watch some of them in action you would never believe that they had been part of the "caring proffesion" To be frank I think some of them are absolute bitches. I've seen them reduce there juniors into tears far more effectively than I've ever seen a male boss do, to me it just seems that the power has totally gone to their heads. I'm amazed that women can treat other women in this manner sometimes in the workplace. I know there are some fantastic female bosses out there and equally some pigs of male bosses......but

In your experience have you found some female bosses that way, more or less so than male bosses you have worked under? I'm just interested.

Scoob

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My worst and best bosses were both female. I guess people just suck in general.

CZAR

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

The women supervisors I work with are great people individually, but it seems like when they get together as a pack, they are just obnoxious. You can tell each of them think they are the best supervisor ever, that they are the one thread holding the whole operation together.

Maybe it's just my gaggle.

• minimus
    minimus

Gay or straight? Old or young? Black or white? Male or female?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

From personal experience: a women's worst enemy in the workplace is another woman!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

lol Nancy. I know exactly where you are coming from with that. The top women at our place is an absolute cow, yet ruthlessly efficient. When she enters a room you can feel the tension, and I notice some others almost seem as if they start to emulate her after a while, whereas individually they are totally different. It really pisses me off as it smacks of shallowness on their part. I seem to sit with the "naughty pack" who don't go along with it at all, and think shes a , well you know.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

you've lost me minimus.....what do you mean?

• minimus
    minimus

Stereotypes

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

"Stereotypes" in which way? Or is that what you think I'm doing? please explain....

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Stereotypes

and you expect him to know what that means huh? ;)

I have never had a bad female boss.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit