So I go to my first day of work.....

by missy04 49 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04
    I trained ALOT of newbies...!! LOL First thing I would notice was a nice, sincere smile. Next was a willingness to learn and a willingness to do what was necessary to keep things rolling.

I can do both I think....have a problem smiling when I am nervous though..lol

• missy04
    missy04

This job has gotten much more stressful than worrying about the JW girl (Haven't seen her since)

I am excited about learning how to do my job, and getting to know the people. But the girl who is training me isn't so excited about training me. She doesn't talk to me and when I ask her a question she mumbles a response under her breath where I can't really hear it. Plus she talks down to me like I am a little kid or something and like I am stupid.

Today she brought me to another assistant that could train me today since she was too busy. I was very glad because this lady trained me another day and was ALOT nicer than the girl who normally trains me, and this lady actually LIKES me at least. Then she (the girl who normally trains me) said something to the affect that next monday I will be on my own...(All my hours together so far add up to less than three whole work days!!)

Then a hygienist that I know from the other day came up and said "SSSARRAAHH DEARRRR, How long have you been TRAINING now? A week? You need to be doing things on your own." (I started a week ago...but only worked four days so far for less than 5 hours a day)

Plus the girl who is training me put me down about it too and I was so stressed out from everything today I almost cried in front of everybody. More than once. This is not a simple job. It's not something I can learn in four days much less four days for less than five hours a day. It is also a BIG dental office building with lots of people and lots of equiptment ect. that I can't learn how to use this quickly. At the end of the day I was so overwhelmed I practically could not speak, and they are doing the same thing to my mom.

~Sarah

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I am excited about learning how to do my job, and getting to know the people. But the girl who is training me isn't so excited about training me. She doesn't talk to me and when I ask her a question she mumbles a response under her breath where I can't really hear it. Plus she talks down to me like I am a little kid or something and like I am stupid.

errr.... i have always found that people who act like this for no reason are either having a crappy life and don't care who they take it out on, or deeply insecure. you are cute, smart and have a lot of potential. don't let anyone shake your confidence in yourself... if you have to cry, that's ok... just excuse yourself for a few minutes and then do it privately... never let anyone see you cry, unless it's someone who you love and who loves you. you're gonna do great, i can tell!

• missy04
    missy04
    don't let anyone shake your confidence in yourself... if you have to cry, that's ok... just excuse yourself for a few minutes and then do it privately... never let anyone see you cry, unless it's someone who you love and who loves you. you're gonna do great, i can tell!

AWWWWW Thanks Peppermints Yer sweet

I normally don't cry easily...really lol..I was just really overwhelmed and felt this horrible need to climb under a desk and

• seawolf
    seawolf

Maybe she is jelous of you because you're younger/prettier/etc ....?

• missy04
    missy04

She's much prettier than me..And I think she's only a few years older....She looks like she's about 20. Actually I envy her somewhat.

• seawolf
    seawolf

ahhh, ok. This has happened to a lot of people I know, as well as myself, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

• missy04
    missy04
    ahhh, ok. This has happened to a lot of people I know, as well as myself, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

You've had problems with men being jelous of you because you're younger and/or prettier, Seawolf? I am sorry..

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

missy, im sorry you are having a tough time. Just remember that in a few weeks, it will all come second nature to you. I know that does not help you right now, but the point is that learning this job will come to you, it normally takes a person 2 weeks to learn a new job, plus you have not been given that much time to learn your job. Just hang in there sweetie, i know its hard. I have changed jobs a few times, and it is always overwhelming.
    Dont be afraid to speak up and make sure that the other girl knows that she does not intimidate you, even if you are not intimidated, she might be trying to.
    I dont know if i made sense, but all in all, i know you will be good at this job, you have such a sweet personality that shines through on this board.

MonkeyPrincess

• missy04
    missy04

Monkey Princess,

AWWWWWW, Thanks Yer sweet!!

I don't know if she is trying to intimidate me or just doesn't feel like taking the time to do her job right(which right now includes training me..) and wants to get rid of the responsibility of teaching me this stuff. I have tried being really nice to her (and still am) but I don't think it's doing any good.

Maybe she just thinks I'm weird!! I am realllllly shy around people at first and it takes quite a bit to get a peep out of me. I can see how that could be taken as me being rude, I guess.

Yah, starting a new job sucks!! lol.. Do you have a job that you are happy with now? Hope so

((hugs))

~Sarah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit