So I go to my first day of work.....

by missy04 49 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

And behind the front desk, I see someone who looks familiar.

Only when she turns and looks at me do I realize she is a Witness I know.

So the lady who did my Bible study, it's her daughter that is working with me.

I just find it funny...you just can't run and you definitely can't hide from these people!

~Sarah

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

LOL.. well your young enough to handle stress...(insert youth envy here)

how'd it go otherwise?

• missy04
    missy04

LOL other than that it went well. Except 1) I realize I need new shoes because the combo of the cement right under the carpet and my cheap shoes made my back hurt within a few hours and 2) I am getting a sore throat

It was overwhelming and I was confused but I know that's probably normal..

I basically just followed this other assistant around all day and watched and wiped down the counters and seats and dental tool thingies.

I think I will like it once I know everybody (will take a while, its a huge place) I was just very tense today. I don't think the witness at the desk will bother me all that much she is nice and all, it just made me a little uncomfortable at first.

~Sarah

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Obviously, Jehovah arranged this. Now start that study back up!

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

funny thing, it just reminded me of a travel job I had in Chandler, AZ....one of the girls that worked there was a witness, only we did not know each other, she was a really nice, funny girl....anyway, somehow when they shifted our seating arrangement around she and I ended up sharing a cubicle.....I was df'd already so I just pretended I was just one of the other "worldly" girls in the office. Every morning she would read her daily text...sometimes outloud to me, she was really comical.....we became great friends, we'd go out to lunch together, we'd talk about our love life...she was married and was concerned that her husband wasn't attracted to her anymore.....well, we eventually got too close for comfort for me and I ended up applying for another job, just because, I liked her so much and I didn't want the whole DF thing to get in the way.

Sorry for going off on own experience....but glad you had a good first day, hope it doesn't make you too uncomfortable working in the same office atleast you'll be doing different things it sounds like.

• missy04
    missy04

LOL that is what I am afraid of...well not me starting a study again, but Jessie calling her mom and saying "Hey Sarah is working at the dental office!" and her mom will call me thinking she needs to get me back in my Bible study

or Jessie deciding that she needs to witness to me in the office They don't do that to people at work, do they?

~Sarah

• Swan
    Swan
    or Jessie deciding that she needs to witness to me in the office They don't do that to people at work, do they?

Oh yes they do! Good luck!

Tammy

• missy04
    missy04
    I ended up applying for another job, just because, I liked her so much and I didn't want the whole DF thing to get in the way.

So you were df'ed only she didn't know you were ever a Witness? Do you still talk to your friend or did she find out you were df'd?

~Sarah

• missy04
    missy04

Oh yes they do! Good luck!

Tammy

ummmm..............

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

LMAO@Six!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit