So I go to my first day of work.....

by missy04 49 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

LOL the funny thing was that I was thinking about how many people I will see and how I will inevitably see some witnesses. LOL then *poof* Jessie at the desk

~Sarah

• Preston
    Preston

Hopefully you an scare away any potential conversions with that drill they give you..

At my first job out of college I worked 40 minutes away from the kingdom hall I use to attend, feeling totally relieved I could utilize my time away from the scary congregation...2 years later someone from my old hall showed up at our office trying to get sales for their business, saw me at my desk and wanted me to go back to meetings again!

They know where you work....

• missy04
    missy04
    Oh yes they do! Good luck!

Tammy

Oh, one more thing LOL...my mom is working at the front desk. With the Witness. lol Luckily she will be busy answering phones and she prob won't get witnessed to...However, I did get one of those big smiles from her...wonder if she does plan to talk to me.

~Sarah

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I am getting a sore throat

i knew there was something about dentist's offices -- every time i come back from the dentist i have a sore throat! must be something in the air...

wow that sucks that you have a jw working there. i mean, here you are, trying to fledge and there's one of them...bummer. they can't preach at the office, btw, so if she tries, tell her to go file x-rays or something. if she has a higher 'rank' than you, you can still tell her no, so don't let her intimidate you.

anyway, good luck! i know you're going to do great.

• missy04
    missy04
    They know where you work....

Preston are you flippin kidding me? LOL I really hope so. I do not recall her working at the dental office the last time I heard what she was up to.

~Sarah

• missy04
    missy04
    i knew there was something about dentist's offices -- every time i come back from the dentist i have a sore throat! must be something in the air...

wow that sucks that you have a jw working there. i mean, here you are, trying to fledge and there's one of them...bummer. they can't preach at the office, btw, so if she tries, tell her to go file x-rays or something. if she has a higher 'rank' than you, you can still tell her no, so don't let her intimidate you.

anyway, good luck! i know you're going to do great.

LOL yah I didn't have the sore throat when I came in

Is it illegal for her to preach at the office?

thx

~Sarah

• missy04
    missy04
    Hopefully you an scare away any potential conversions with that drill they give you..

I can't scare anything off When I get uncomfortable I just freeze and looka-lika this --->

Incense_and_Peppermints

hmm, now that i think of it, i don't really know. i just assumed it was. i mean, i never ran into anyone at work who tried to preach to me, ever, and i have worked with a few religious people, even one place where there was a witness lady, and she never once witnessed at work. when i worked at this telecommunications company, we had these muslims working there and at around 3 in the afternoon, you could walk past their cubicles and see them on the floor, on their knees and supposedly praying and pointing towards Mecca, or something. so the workplace couldn't forbid them from doing that...hmm, i'm sorry i wish i had an answer for you...

Incense_and_Peppermints
    I can't scare anything off When I get uncomfortable I just freeze and looka-lika this --->

lol! when i get uncomfortable, i go from to in a hurry, heh. but will work -- you can just stare at her and not say anything. she'll get so embarrassed she'll prolly just walk away. or think you're demonized

• missy04
    missy04
    lol! when i get uncomfortable, i go from to in a hurry, heh. but will work -- you can just stare at her and not say anything. she'll get so embarrassed she'll prolly just walk away. or think you're demonized

LOL and I think I know how to look demonized At a door in feild service, after we walked away from the door (well after my witness friend started getting scared of him bc she thought he was demonized and walked away while he was still talking) she said "I think he was demonized...there was that certain look to his eyes...did you see it?"

Maybe I'll just wear a ton of extra eyeliner and stare out into space like I'm not really there when shes by me.

~Sarah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit