Guilty Fast Food Pleasures

by Swan 79 Replies latest jw friends

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Sorry, had to come back to talk about my absolute favorite. . . Philly Cheese Steaks!

The best place to get them in my opinion (and I've tried them everywhere, including Philadelphia) is the Cheese Steak Shop:

Add mushrooms, grilled onions, hot and sweet peppers . . . mmmmm

- CF

• missy04
    missy04

I used to love fast food and I still do to a certain point, ESPECIALLY Taco Bell, but I have a harder time enjoying it than I used to, especially after having worked in a few restaurants where you see how they make the food and how they store it, ect.

There was this one gas station that had a little food section behind a counter and my friends and I ordered these little personal size pizza's. I saw the guy behind the counter using cleaning chemicals on the counter without gloves on and then handle my food without washing his hands. He also did not have a hair net on. I went up and commented on it saying that it violated health codes. He was arrogant and stupid about it and there was no one else working at the food section there bc it was late so I couldn't complain then. He ignored me and when I got my pizza I took a bite of it and got a mouthful of pizza and some sort of chemical. Later when I was feeling a little ill, called a number I found in the phone book and reported this guy. I don't like to get food from gas stations anymore.

~Sarah

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Missy, I can't see your picture too clearly . . . is that a little rat that you are holding?

- CF

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    The guy is a terrible actor. And he reminds me of a JW. After 5 years without ever taking acting lessons, Subway should fire him. They could get a new spokesperson that has some personality, like a cute oven mitt, sock puppet, or talking Chihuahua!

that Jared creeps me out. i hear that sock puppet is lookin' for work...

• bebu
    bebu

I rarely eat fast food; usually if I'm on a trip. Wendy's or Burger King's burgers are pretty good; and I like KFC.

I used to work at a diner in my hometown while I was in high school that made KILLER BACON BURGERS. They also had the best fish and chips and town. I've never had a burger anywhere since, nor an order of fish and chips, to match those!!!!

bebu

salivating class

• missy04
    missy04

Missy, I can't see your picture too clearly . . . is that a little rat that you are holding?

- CF

I couldn't make the avitar pic clear lol

He's my little Bitey ferret guy

LOL my dad calls him "the rat" though

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

OMG Missy. He is sooo cute!

Thanks for providing the larger picture!

- CF

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Wendy's Triple........with cheese. About once a month.

Now I have to leave the house and head to Wendy's.......... Damn!

~Hill

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Jack In the Box used to serve Philly Cheese Steaks! Good thing they stopped serving them...because they were awesome!

• Swan
    Swan

We have a relatively new franchise in Oregon that is very, very good called Muchas Gracias. They were named by Salem area residents as "best cheapest food" and "best after midnight food". They serve authentic Mexican border food (not the Americanized Mexican food that Taco Bell and Taco Time serve). You order in English and the clerks translate your order into Spanish for the cooks.

They are open 24 hours and are ridiculously low priced. A shredded beef taco is $1.55, and they put a lot of shredded beef in there. I also love their rice and their beans. I've seen them popping up all over Western Oregon; as far south as Grants Pass, on the coast, and even one in Vancouver, WA. If they served burritos that good at the District Assemblies, who knows, I might still be a Dub today!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit