Do you tell your friends your were a JW?

by eljefe 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Mormon dudes get to have like 20 wives. But then they usually treat them like crap. If I could have 20 wives I'd be nice to them. I'd be the best Mormon husband dude ever! I don't know about the whole sex to procreate thing though. That seems pretty lame. But you could get snipped, not tell anyone and then have 20 wives. Now that would be cool!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

When I tell people I used to be one they still think I am and try to debate with me. I try to tell them I'm an ex but they're too slow to comprehend.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I have always had great conversations with people about once being one. I am very open about it. Its kind of cool because its a very unique situation, and I turned out pretty good from coming from a cult. I usually get people who think I am "so strong", that sort of thing. Its like I beat cancer or something. :)

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Its like I beat cancer or something

well, you beat "a" cancer anyway. the cancer that is Jehovah's Witnesses!

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

lol @ Incense_and_Peppermints

laters

kaykay_mp

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

So far nobody has asked.

• filip
    filip

pretty much all my worldy friends knows that im in a JW-family. Now I have told all of them that I dont believe in that crap anymore. They think its cool. Its also a huge relief, because now I can finally explain to them the true reason why I always have avoided when they were inviting me to parties, or I avoided joining on school-trips, and why I could never stay the night at any of my friends.

All this time they have thought that I just didnt care about them and I wasnt very social, while the true reason was that my parents didnt allow me to spend that much time with "worldly" people. Well, they still dont allow me to do any worldly stuff, but now I just have that clear conscious to do whatever I want behind their back, without fearing that "GOD IS WATCHING".

• upside/down
    upside/down

That's one reason I don't DA myself. When the subject is discussed I am an "authority" verses a pissed off outcast who couldn't cut the mustard.

u/d

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My friends know EVERYTHING about me. I don't hide anything. What you see is what you get! I don't understand the hiding it thing. Are you ashamed of being duped? Lots of people are duped about many many things. Those that come through it are wonderful resources to help others. Think of it this way, someday one of your friends might be home alone bored on a Saturday morning, ..... knock, knock.. "We're in your neighborhood this morning..."

You could give them excellent resources to combat the lure that the WTS can put out there for people.

What I usually get is a comment like, "well I was Catholic, it can't be much worse than that!" So then I get to tell me "how bad it really WAS stories." My partner and I have been together 3 years now and she is still constantly being surprised by things that went on.

Be bold! Be brave! Be proud! Wakka-wakka

Sherry

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have told some friends, and they really don't care. Not a big deal to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit