Do you believe in ghosts?

by Country Girl 78 Replies latest jw friends

• pokertopia
    pokertopia

It's obvious why ghosts can't exist.

That`s because the reality of all things is unique, and everything except the only reality is that the properties of reality have been altered.ㅡby Spinoza

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

While I keep an open mind about any metaphysical phenomena, I do not believe that ghosts or demons exist. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but the evidence is almost entirely anecdotal or impossible to corroborate. This is in spite of centuries (millennia, really) of reports of sightings and other experiences.

However, I did believe in them for a long enough time that I am still a bit spooked of the dark, even though I'm no longer terrified of it. But if I watch a good horror film, I'll probably keep the covers good and tight for the rest of the night.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i was a kid in the cult i was terrified of demunz,

when i got to the stage of facing the fact that i simply did not believe in god--it all fell into place. No god--therefore no angels..no devil--no demunz. Simple really.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Jim, regarding the thermostat...put in a baby cam and see if she is changing it and just not realizing it...on another note

in 1887 a man was sent to prison for killing his wife. A "ghost" told her mother that he had killed her. She pestered the sherriff and they exhumed the body and found she had a broken neck . He was arrested and was tried and sent to prison. His Family never thought him guilty. He supposibly died in prison, but there is also a school of thought that another prisoner died, and he got sort of swapped out with a different identify. Google The Greenbrier Ghost or the book The Man Who Wanted Seven Wives if you are interested...I don't know if they still do, But the theatre group in Lewisburg WV made the story into a play. I watched the play. I read the news stories. I read the Book in which family was "misquoted" according to My Aunt who was interviewed. The man in question, "Trout" Shue was my grandfather's uncle.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've no idea. I don't care either.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I am a ghost hunter, as a hobby. My hobby is to DISPROVE ghosts - you don't need to.

People who say that ghosts exist need to provide evidence.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Although I do not believe in ghosts, being an Atheist who leads an evidence based life, I actually believe in very little.

What I do feel is the correct approach to metaphysical things (are they things ?), is to go along with Shakespeare where he has Hamlet say : "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Not that I think Ghosts etc will be proven to exist, but I think a greater understanding of the human mind will explain even further the mechanisms that prompt a lot that cannot be fully explained at present.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

enoughisenough ,I do hope your mate was of the opposite sex ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

While I dont beleive in ghost`s a spirit or soul of a deceased person I can acknowledge that some strange phenomen can occur and I`m not quite sure why some people assume it must be because of the activity of a ghost ?

There can be other unworldy mysterious explanations that account for what has happened .?

It doesnt have to be because of ghosts.

That could a subject for another discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit