Do you believe in ghosts?

by Country Girl 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I stayed a week at one of the most haunted places in the UK...even went out in the middle of the night with the ghost ward looking for ghosts. Never saw nary a one.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Thank you CONFUSEDJW. I am just curious why you *don't* believe

Never seen one, and never heard about one from someone whom I believe.

ALSO I can't explain how David Blaine does all that stuff that he does, but I don't believe in magic either.

my husband, wide awake, who I have to BEAT out of bed every morning to get up and go to work.
    LOL!
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

Leolaia:

I looked for ghosts for FIVE YEARS before I actually began to experience the phenonena. Alll of a sudden, last year, about July, things just started to happen on my cameras, my EMF meters, and my thermometers. I would be in a cemetary and my camera would just go DEAD, even though it said the batery was full charged up. I was at a ghost hunt in San Antonio at a house that had been built on a battle site, and it was OFF, and the lens just continued to go in and out during he seance. It was wierd.

I was just wanting to know what anecdotal eviodence that people had that they could relate that convinced them, or not, of something paranormal happening.

This is not a judgmental thing. If people say it happened, I believe it. There's no profit in this,and there's no power. It's just a relaying of some things, and a discussion, about it.

CG

• AlanF
    AlanF

Not ghosts, but aliens. X-Files is the bible on this, you know.

AlanF

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes, but I have no proof only my belief.

what have you experienced that made you believe/disbelieve in the paranormal?

I have posted here perhaps half of what happened to me when I was little (ages 3-5). In fact I've only told a couple of people ever about some things as they were so bad, and so crazy it is difficult. I posted once about part of that past and I've regretted it ever since.

I will say this, I remember the feeling in our house then. There were times a room felt cold and clammy, I remember my hands would sometimes shake uncontrollably but more than anything else was an oppressive feeling of evil. I can't describe it better than that.

Of course, I was so little and children's memories are so unreliable I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Big Tex:

That is a common phenomenon, that the temperature goes down

A

• wednesday
    wednesday

maybe. I believe in the spirit world, whether they are ghosts, I have no idea. The traditional idea of a ghost, ie a dead person in the spirit form, not sure about that. I wonder, if your dead relatives could speak to u, or make contact with u, why do not more people have these experiences? Unless, the spirit world is not allowed to contact the earthly realm. My mother has passed on, surely she would contact me if she could. ( I did once, out of the corner of my eye see her face in the kitchen, however) I did once see my father stand by my bed. He seemed angry and had no message (unless it was the anger) for me.(my father molested me and I told no one until he had died, so maybe he is mad)

I have however seen things that appeared to be of the spirit world. My husband and I once both saw black smoke in our bedroom (like a very small cloud) and it traveled through the wall to the outside of the house. Scared the hell out of us. Once I was up late cleaning my bathroom, I looked up for a moment and saw something "swish" by, something that was traveling very fast -so fast I only got a quick view of it. It had no solid form, just energy. again scared the hell out of me, and I ran for the safety of my bedroom./husband.

I have had a few other experiences but I would not be quick to call them as having seen ghosts, b/c I am well aware to the stress reaction one can have when u are trying to sleep where u hallucinate. Many people see and hear very strange things in this state and many JWS feel they are being attacked by demons, but it is just a documented sleep state.

One thing I have definitley had is dreams that have come true.

So I'm open to all of this.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

No, I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe in a level of consciousness unknown to us and unseen by us. In the Bible they are referred to as spirits or angels or demons. Those are simple terms for a not so simple reality we are, at present, unable to fathom.

Sabrina

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

CG I wanna go hunting with you!!

LOL...no lie, I love stuff like this and have always been so interested in it. I love that show Ghost Hunters. Mostly because they try to disprove the evidence they collect. They don't get all hyper like some of those shows. 9 times out of 10 they don't find anything, which gets disapointing of course, but then when they do find something that they can't disprove, it just makes it that much more compelling I think.

I've never personally had an experience, but would welcome it if it happened.

• catchthis
    catchthis

Tough one. Personally, I have never seen, heard, or felt any supernatural presence in my entire life. There is only one instance that I can recall which happened to a family that we were good friends with. They bought a Kachina doll while on vacation and brought it home. Wierd things started happening in their house. Their TV would change channels on its own. They would come home and have all of their forks strewn about on the kitchen floor. Their son's marbles some how got out of their jar and would end up being placed in a circle. All of these things could be practical jokes or whatever. But I don't think so. The thing that freaked me out was when they finally figured out that the "problems" that they were having probably came from that doll. One evening my folks and I went over and we watched them throw the doll into the fireplace. No more doll. The next day my mom tells me, "Guess what? Remember that doll that so-and-so burned up last night? Well it's back on their TV set today." I still get the chills big time just thinking about it. They never would tell us what they did with that doll.

I think there is something *out there.* Only I'm not sure how they get in touch with us or vice-versa. If you are an iron-clad believer in the bible, then you must also believe that there are spirits out there that you can make contact with. Why else would the bible mention mediums and diviners that can speak to the dead? On one hand, I think it would be amazing to be able to communicate with a spirit realm. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I would have the cajones if it turned out to be something bad that would plague me for the rest of my life. It sure would be nice to know for a fact if there were people out there that weren't frauds who could communicate with this other side. As far as I know, there still isn't solid proof of anything out there. It's kind of like people's belief in God - either you believe in him or you don't. You can't prove it either way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit