I just called the new 800# for da Dubs...

by upside/down 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The number is (866) 388-2222.

Gee I wonder if they have call display

• happiernow
    happiernow

Hi Upside/Down. I haven't heard of this number. Maybe we don't have it yet in Australia. My Father was an elder until recently. The WTS is beginning to move away from their elders in that if you sue the WTS for, say, child abuse because the elders did nothing, even though they would have consulted the WTS, the WTS will say "We do not condon Bro. So and so's actions. They are not trained by us, merely volunteers." If you wish to pursue the case, you will be forced to sue the individual. Evil. Also, they don't know if you are recording that conversation. So if you were going to do this great expose in the press about the witnesses, now you have nothing because they were so nice. Clever.

Hold on and keep your chin up. Leaving is the best thing in the world!!

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

What's the point in messing with their phone line though? Sure it's a horrible organization but I've always found it best to try and be a better person out of the org than when I was in. We so-called "apostates" can make the society look a lot more ridiculous by acting the exact opposite of the evil slaves of Satan that they make us out to be then we can by messing with their business plan. Besides, phone time can be as low as $0.05 a minute and the org has millions. We ain't gonna bankrupt them any time soon.

• Gill
    Gill

We don't have anything like this in the UK either, that I'm aware of anyway.

Do they take international calls?

Is it meant to be a help line for people who are already JWs or just for new recruits asking questions?

• melmac
    melmac

We don't have that service here... but it would be fun to call and ask them to explain the "2.520 days"... then wait for their answer and ask: "I missed something here! Can you explain it over again?".. and so on...

• amac
    amac
    We don't have that service here... but it would be fun to call and ask them to explain the "2.520 days"... then wait for their answer and ask: "I missed something here! Can you explain it over again?".. and so on...

That's funny!!! Just wait til the end of the long, convoluted explanation...pause a couple seconds and just say "what? can you say that again?"

• Jezebel
    Jezebel

I didnt know they had a tv commercial OR an 800 number, are they learning from the LDS? lol

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS has a media/PR site:

http://www.jw-media.org/

On here you can see what they considered newsworthy WT releases; see clips of videos they have developed and see about these PSAs.

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=../vnr/index.htm

PSAs are found here:

http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/index.htm

These can be disturbing to ex-JWs so be wary.

Love, Blondie

• eljefe
    eljefe

He even agreed that the treatment I've recieved at "gods people's" hands is WRONG and UNSCRIPTURAL, he even agreed that the CO and the WTS were wrong in not giving me a fair chance to voice my accusations in a recognized forum and for the matters to be settled

I think all of us have heard this before. I know I have. This is usually followed by the "wait on Jehovah" line and Jehovah will take care of it. Its the same canned response you will get from any elder.

• upside/down
    upside/down

ding ding ding and what do we have for her Johnny.....

Dead on right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit