I just called the new 800# for da Dubs...

by upside/down 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• upside/down
    upside/down

I left a brief message with my # - THEY ACTUALLY CALLED ME BACK, in less than 24 hours.

We talked for about 30 minutes. I laid all my "gripes" right out on the table. The brother listened only offered me 1 scripture and even dignified me by saying I probably already knew it, but he would like to read it anyway. Rather than the ususal condescending crap I get. He even agreed that the treatment I've recieved at "gods people's" hands is WRONG and UNSCRIPTURAL, he even agreed that the CO and the WTS were wrong in not giving me a fair chance to voice my accusations in a recognized forum and for the matters to be settled-

Did I dial the wrong number? I cannot believe the conversation I just had. Or am I being "mind f*cked" again? Grrr

Any one else try that new number?

u/d

• sf
    sf

Exactly, what number are you referring to?

sKally

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I had no idea that they had an 800 number.

I respectfully suggest that the apostates of the world band together and spam the line - make hundreds of long calls, wasting their long distance money and time. Maybe even getting in a little un-witnessing.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

What's the number? I want to call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hmm... the "kinder, gentler dubs"...hey maybe it was that new robot metatron was talking about!

• Massive
    Massive

It would be fun to organize and keep calling the line for phone sex.

• Raphael
    Raphael

I had a similar experience awhile back...thought I'd test the society web site...sent a request in for a visit. Three weeks later a phone call from an elder in the local congregation .

A few days after , he and another elder visited...I did not mention that I had been disfellowshipped.

They were both decent fella's , until I decided a few weeks into a couple of discussions to confess all...suddenly the attitude changed and once again was treated like a leper...

So much for the prodigal son returning and his father running out to meet him.

• upside/down
    upside/down

BONEZZ posted this on Jnauary 5th.

The number is (866) 388-2222.

This is the real deal. The guy I spoke with knew four people I personally know by name at "headquarters". Overseer of the infirmary at Patterson, someone in the Service Dept. etc. He even offered to put me in touch with them if I'd like.

Interesting he asked me if I had seen the number on their TV ad. I said I got it off the internet. He said great, what can we do for you today!?

Keep me posted of any nice experiences with this1

u/d

• sf
    sf

Oh. THAT number. You said "new" so I thought it was just that...new.

That number has been up for some time now:

Jehovah's Witnesses Bloodless Surgery: August 1, 2001 News Release
    ... Television broadcast response line: (866) 388-2222. Copyright © 2003 Watch Tower
    Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.
    www.jw-media.org/region/global/ english/releases/health/010801.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum - Topic: Wait until you hear ...
    ... 1-866-388-2222 (Toll-Free Public Phone Number from their New TV Commercial) (Listed
    on Official WTS Media Website). 718-625-3600 (From Yahoo Yellow Pages). ...
    www.jehovahs-witness.com/ forum/thread.aspx?id=37708&site=3 - 47k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Keep calling that number. Even though it's toll-free for us, the WT has to pay the long distance cost. The more you call and keep them on the phone, the more money it costs them.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit