President Bush donates $10,000

by yesidid 44 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

It has just been announced on CNN that president Bush has contributed $10,000 of his own money to the tsunami victims.

Poor guy he obviously doesn't have much money.

• Fleur
    Fleur

OMG I was JUST coming here to post about this.

)(!*&%~&^$~!!!)(&!*&%!.

that's all i have to say about that.

• Swan
    Swan

Gee, that was a mistake! It will tend to make him look like a cheapskate. One website shows donations averaging $80 per average Joe Sixpack. Sandra Bullock donated $1 million. Bush is a rich man with oil companies and a big ranch in Texas. People will only criticize what he gave and how long it took him to give it.

Politically, it would have been better to keep the amount private, I think. He should have just said he made a donation and would encourage others to do the same. That would have been a much better way to handle it, don't you think? I feel embarrassed for the poor man.

Tammy

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

scheesch..... file this under "Damned if you do and damned if you don't".

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Double- you can also file it under "arm chair quarterbacking"

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

At least he gave something. He does not have money like Sandra Bullock. Yea he lives on a nice ranch, and yea he owned companies but that doesn't give you movie star money. How much have the Kerry's donated. Has every star in Hollywood donated. I think we need to stop anylazing this poor mans every move. What does it matter how much someone gave, let each person decide how much they can give and what the right amount is for them. Would like to be told well you said you were a average joe and only gave $80 but looking at your past tax returns you have more than average joe has so you really need to be giving closer to $200 and what you gave isn't acceptable. I am sure the charities and the people are happy to get whatever they can to help the victims.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have never heard of a President donating his own money, so I thought this was interesting, though I would have preferred that the amount be kept private.

Good for him for doing so.

Yes, it is true as mentioned above that he does not have the same money as many actors do.

Those who want to complain, I will listen to you after you show me that you yourself donated more than $10,000 towards this relief effort.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Not to mention too that this is a FIRST for any sitting president. God damn, no wonder why you guys lost this November. People are just getting sick of the whole Bush-bashing. Get over it.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I don't think bashing Bush because he gave money to the relief effort is really worthwhile. I mean, come on, at least it is something. Sure, he may have a lot of money, but who is to say what each private citizen is or is not to donate. $10,000 is a lot of money to me. Who knows what else he and his family donate to every year?

Sandra Bullock, sure she gave $1Million, and she has given large donations in the past, and probably will again in the future. But her situation and Bush's financially may be a lot different. We shouldn't really judge others when they give, we should just follow their example and give what we can, if that means $1, $10 or whatever. How about looking at this and saying, damn at least the guy has a heart?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Hey he is the one that was bragging about it, shouldn't bring it out in public if he doesn't want people to talk about it. You can rest assured that he did (the announcement) to make himself look good.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit