newbie seeking others thoughts

by brokenfairy 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brokenfairy
    brokenfairy

thanks jgnat! appreciate that!

funny that scripture right after that as well....about forgiveness...any time i sought sincere forgiveness i was turned away

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Brokenfairy,

Welcome.

Perhaps you are not really so "broken" after all, dear.

When you are very present with nature: silently watching a sunset or sitting by a stream or staring into the star filled night sky, where is the fragile broken child then? She's gone and forgotten, and it requires an effort of remembering to get her back.

Be kind and oh so gentle with yourself. Be attentive and get to really know the sense of being and existing. Move gently out of the story of who you believe yourself to be, and reside in the cool-warm naked actuality and realness of being alive. What is it to breath? To be consciously aware? Spend more quit time here. You may be amazed at what you discover.

j

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome broken fairy.. glad to have you here!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi brokenfairy. Take a look around at many of the people here. You will find some that wear the same feelings as yourself. We all come from many diverse backgrounds, however, many of us have had those same feelings of lonliness, isolation, and depression. The struggle to please God is an issue for many of us, as we have been conditioned to believe that there is no other organisation on earth that represents the true God. If you give yourself a break, though, talk to some of the folks here, who are very, very eager to assist you in your journey, you'll see in time that you really can be OK, not just feel OK.

You can view this as an emergency room for right now, and thats OK.

We come in from a authoritarian, dogmatic, unyeilding legalistic religious society that may take some time to shake off the chains of guilt, fear of abandonment as well as the guilt you may experience because of seeing the need to abandon all that you once believed as true.

Its like a pair of tired old shoes that have come to be so comfortable, though they may be well worn, we still find the need to keep them around, well brokenfairy take your shoes off and relax for a while, theres plenty of good medicine in here, and some of it might not taste to good at first, the medicine is necessary however for you to get better, and before you know it. you'll take those old shoes and carefully discard them and I bet you just might just find yourself with a new set of wings.

• Grif
    Grif

I am sending you a ((cyber hug)), Brokenfairy. I was once in the same place you are right now. I had disassociated myself from the congregation. I went to an elder that I though so much of asking for help spiritually. Only to be turned away. The next contact I received was notice that I was going to be disfellowshipped. Requesting a meeting with the elders pleading not to do this, I was disfellowshipped. Of course, this severed all contacts with friends. I was very alone, depressed and truely felt that I must have turned by back on God. And you know what your taught...to know the truth and be disfellowshipped is worse because never having believed at all. I wrote Bethel. I prayed almost constantly. I knew I still loved God and wanted him in my life...but didn't know where to turn. Though prayer and personal conviction, God open the door and showed me the way. Talk to God...as the Bible says "seek and you shall find". Above all "trust" in the way. It takes a lot of time to recover from being a "witness". Be patient with yourself and love yourself...in time all will be right. Only then will you appreciate having had to endure all that has come to you from the "organization".

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Brokenfairy..................A big hug and hello from the land down under. WELCOME.

It will be great to get to know you and even chat sometime. When I first came here I found chatting a good way to see that others from all over the world in the same organization suffered similair things. I have found long lost dub friends on this board and made new ones.

So here's to your journey of recovery and escape. It will not be travelled alone. You have many new friends now that will support and comfort you.

Cheers, Bliss

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

A BIG welcome to you Brokenfairy.

what are your thoughts on these scriptures...my thoughts as i prayfully studied made me think of all the magazines...books published and required to study....i had always looked to them as bible aids...but when i read this scripture i felt different...shouldnt God's Word be enough?

Many years ago I was a translator in the French bethel. After several years spent in translating a mass of WT literature I began to read the New Testament again. When I resigned the brother (and friend) who was in charge of the translating dept. asked me why and I answered just that: "I now feel that all this literature is more confusing people than helping them to understand the Gospels. It is so simple actually." Believe it or not, he understood perfectly what I meant. I even read some envy in his eyes.

Be at peace. You're not lost. Nobody is.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi Brokenfairy.

You can't be too broken. You flew in here and are among a lot of people who are easy to get along with and also helpful.

Some are almost experts at knowledge of the bible, some are very turned off by formal religious organizations, some are agnostic and some are athiests.

Almost all of them are interested in the well being of you and the others here.

Relax kick back and tell your story and fears and you will have many people reply with their experiences and how they survived and moved on.

Maybe one or two will preach to you but many if not most, will only tell their story or give you thoughts or guidance or information as you ask for it.

The rest is up to you.

That is the way it ought to be.

Welcome.

Outoftheorg

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Welcome, BF, you have found a wonderful, healing place! Consider yourself in safe, loving hands here..........we are all in various stages of healing!

Hugs,

Terri

• gespro
    gespro

WELCOME BrokenFairy

Just remember: you are not alone and we have escaped a loveless, traumatizing, dysfunctional organization designed to make free thinkers feel isolated and disorientated when we leave their 'fold'. I now see the pattern every time I read the personal stories on these boards.

It's taken me a lifetime to come to these conclusions. I pray that you have an easier, quicker time readjusting to your new found freedom.

gespro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit