I am a newbie....

by sistaintheback 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• fifi
    fifi

Welcome sista. Please don't let the term 'apostate' get to you. It's just another of the JWs specific items of vocabulary.I'm glad that you were able to get proper care for your son...thanks for sharing your story.

It's good to hear that you and your hsband are fading as a couple - at least you'll have each other and I think it's a really smart move to be changing location. I found that was one of the best things I ever did as far as leaving the JWs was concerned.

Be strong.

Fifi.

• prophecor
    prophecor

And when you stand back to add it all up, we're pretty much like every other group of people who had issues with their religious organisations, from Martin Luther to Martin Luther King, somewhere over the rainbow, some of just woke the ---k up!!!

Crisis of Conscience is your ticket to paradise, it is salve for the eyes, and more importantly for your soul. Please do not deny yourself the reading of this critical commentary on the most intimate inner workings of the society from the perspective of an insider, one of the governing body themselves. All that exist in the Merry Old Land of OZ, is only a fraction of what you may've known or been told.

• heretic
    heretic

sistainthback great sign in name I spent some time in the back of the hall. i can suggest this. read up on the origins of the 'truth' and come to your own opinion, dont let us tell you. I floated for a while after i was disfellowshipped, then i realised life is for living and I prob would only get one life. dont be scared to THINK, i know it doesnt sound scary but think about this 'is it possible the WTS could be deceiving you and not be the truth??' woah did i just say that. that was a scary question i asked myself, and "perhaps there is no God" after seriously pondering these things no matter what answer you come up with youll be convinced of it and wont feel a burden to pursue your convictions. lately ive had some time on the net and it opened my eyes not because of apostates but the information i found there, and now I believe I am so lucky that my being d'd jolted me to finally look into it.

If you do decide to leave and are always looking back at the 'truth' and the people in it its mental torture. moving will be good and make friends, im sure you've met worldly people before and said 'they were nice but theyre worldly'. be careful because worldly people arent as trustworthy as witnos but theres a bunch of nice people out there and theyll like you for you and not because your familys prominent in the congo.. the world looks intimidating and scary from inside but from out here it looks very scary to me to not be able to think for myself. Im 26 and have only thought for myself for about 2 years and its wonderful im defining who i am and am even getting a personality!! much love

lifes a garden.. DIG IT

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    be careful because worldly people arent as trustworthy as witnos

Josie

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Sis,

Yes, this transition is not likely to be easy; yet, it is trying times like this that are ripe with discovery (when things are too easy, we often stagnate).

It helps to see that everyone in your family is concerned for what they honestly believe to be your best interests. They are afraid for you; and there is no malice in that. Be patient and kind with everyone through this; especial yourself. Take lots of walks out into nature if you can, being open and still, allowing nature to feed you silent healing wisdom. You mentioned that "I know in my heart that I am no longer feelin' it"; these quit times in nature can help open awareness to what you ARE feeling.

Glad you have joined us.

j

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome to the board sista. We're here to help you in this transition.

cj

• Mystery
    Mystery

I am glad you found this forum. As everyone else has stated; sit back, read a little, and think. Chose for yourself.

Crisis of the Conscience (CoC) is an eye opener. I had to order the book, due to no one in my area carrying it. My husband (whose has never been a JW - but has seen me falling apart at times due to the teachings and my JW family) ask me after getting the book if i was going to find time for him again? I could not put it down! Every emotion imaginable went thru me.

But the main thing that i kept asking myself was "how could my father, as smart as he was, actually believe this!!??!!?? and teach me and my brother and sister to believe it as well!!??" I was/am so angry at him! He was phenomenal in mathematics. He could calculate equations in his head that it would take a typical person 5 or 10 minutes to do on paper. After reading CoC how could he have still believed in ?the truth?? How could he keep beating this in our minds? Simply the mathematics of the WBTS are so out of whack that it is almost impossible not to ?see? that they are full of lies and deceit.

You said that your mom was the ?Queen? ? my dad was the ?King? (elder and all). He died in 2000. It was hard ?going against? his wishes; but you know I am a much happier, warmer person being the way I am now.

And I am no longer afraid of Armageddon being ?right around the corner?. My heart went out to Tsunami, Armageddon never crossed my mind.

(I have been on here awhile - and still can't master the format! can't change the size of the font above)

• bebu
    bebu

Hi sista!! I've never been a dub; I don't have qualms talking to JWs or faders or... apostates!

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you in from lurking. (Thanks right now for viewing all my many, many threads... )

I'm sorry that fading will be hard, but thank God it won't be even nearly what it could be if your child had died because of cold-hearted and unsupportable WTS policies.

Take care, sista. God bless!

bebu

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hi Sista, and welcome. You will learn much here and your journey will be so much better because of this place. I am not a JW but have family "in". Your little boy's story really touched me. I haven't heard many personal experiences w. the blood issue, but to know you made such a turnaround gives me hope for my family. Maybe someday they'll open their eyes. God works in strange ways, I have to think he was there all through the stressful time you spent with your son, leading you along. Good luck and God Bless you all.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am still a witness in good standing - but I suppose because I post here regularly I would be considered apostate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit