Any advice on tattoos?

by carefully faded 36 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

My wife and I went at the same time and got Kanji (Chinese/Japanes symbols) done discreetely on our lower mid backs. (hurt like a mother dog)

We were 38 and 36 at the time. Mine stands for "faithfullness" hers represents "love"

Mine is black outlined in bright blue, hers is balck outlined in hot pink! It looks great- Everyone makes favorable comments even Dubs who've seen em.

I can't emphasize enough- ITS PERMANENT, so think it through. How will it look when you're 80?

u/d

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

My daughter and husband design them, write me if you are interested in seeing some samples;

I think they are awesome artists, but I could be prejudiced!

• Valis
    Valis
    man sixofnine thats classic (previous page people) I can just imagine me lifting up the shirt and the watchtower tatt covering my whole back, what do ya think dad?

I have the perfect mag for you..

• Valis
    Valis
    How will it look when you're 80?

But then again will you care when you are 80? Maybe you have 10 or 20 years, but most people will be lucky if they can remember the names of their kids much beyond that. I would rather be a part of my art then worry what that art will look like when the inevitable happens. Kind of like the artist who leaves his best work in a hermiticaly sealed vault and then he dies. No one ever gets the benefit of his form of self expression, because of the fear of what is bound to happen anyway. Just my 2 pesos.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• carefully faded
    carefully faded
    I would rather be a part of my art then worry what that art will look like when the inevitable happens. Kind of like the artist who leaves his best work in a hermiticaly sealed vault and then he dies. No one ever gets the benefit of his form of self expression, because of the fear of what is bound to happen anyway.

Very good point Valis!

I love animals - especially cats. I've been told by several friends that I let my cats "walk all over me". I was thinking a couple of cute, small paw prints on my lower back might be interesting . . .and significant.

- CF

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

So, a few months later, and I'm still serious about getting a tattoo. I just ordered some temporary tattoos online. I figure I can wear them for a week or so to see how I feel about them - sort of try them on for size. What do you think about the paw prints below - maybe two flanking my spine?

- CF

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:What do you think about the paw prints below - maybe two flanking my spine?

If they are small enough and headed in the right direction, it sounds kinda sexy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit