Any advice on tattoos?

by carefully faded 36 Replies latest jw friends

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Hmm, as to pain - I agree with what everybody said, if they think you've been drinking they'll say no way (if they're a good place). I've heard what Princess said, too - the nearer the bone, the more it hurts. I guess I was just lucky!

Kitties

• Valis
    Valis

eh so you want a tatto eh? Well, the first thing you need to do is find someone you like as an artist. My advice is to wait until a convention comes to town or even close enough for you to make a small journey. If you can't then visit any local shops around and just get a feel for the places. See how clean it is and they should have someone recieving people. Look at flash and also the work someone has done. Also talk to them. Don't be afraid to ask for ideas either. Even if you aren't artistci, find pics or even try and draw something out, or even trace it out. Give it a try, because it is always gonna be with you, unless you got a sugar daddy or somem willing to get it lasered off you. BTW, the old saying is that if you don't have at least one bad tattoo, then you don't have one at all...no worries, just pick something that will suit you. Much unlike some beliefs for some people we know, we can change them in the future.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• codeblue
    codeblue

lol...when I got divorced, it was either a tattoo or a navel piercing...

Well, I got the navel piercing....no pain...healed great...

Then I married NOdenial and mentioned I wanted a lower back tattoo..........haven't seen the right one yet...thinking of a kewl dragonfly...(I love dragonflys).

Just be sure to get a very good tattoo artist....You are gonna wear this for life...make sure your tattoo artist is a REAL artist at his/her work!!!

Maybe one day I will get primed up for the tattoo....if I can get the right artwork and be able to handle the pain.

CodeBlue

• codeblue
    codeblue

oh I forgot, Elsewhere: That's a very kewl tattoo!!!

• justhuman
    justhuman

I will always like to have on my right arm a double headed eagle...the symbol of the Byzantine Empire

• all_forgiving
    all_forgiving

A Pearl Jam Yield Sign with the words "Given to Fly" A song from the album. The song talks of re-birth and the album meaning "Yielding to the rest of the world as it goes on about life"

• geevee
    geevee

What about a purple triangle that looks like the stitching has come undone and it is ready to tear off! Nah just joking!!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Don't get one on your eye!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I got one about a year and a half ago.....above my right ankle.........it stung quite a bit now and then, but nothing that was not bearable............it is a tribal tatoo of a raven's head, done all in black ink......its very intricate......sort of like Celtic knotwork........I am part native american and my last name is Crowe......one of my totems is the raven. Terri

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I don't have one, yet, but am also thinking of getting one on my lower (right side) back. I'm still deciding on what to get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit