Any advice on tattoos?

by carefully faded 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

This is what I'm going to get for a tattoo. I'm a fan of vexiological looking tattoes rather than the complex, detailed designs on other people.

The arrow is supposed to represent power, the eye is supposed to represent knowledge and insight, the star is supposed to represent daring and adventurism and the little thing that looks like a sperm (Or snake, if your mind isn't filthy) is just that, a snake, and it's supposed to attack the bird (The phoenix rising out of the fire) but the phoenix is still flying. That represents the borg. The statement under the bird means in english is "He Flies By His Own Wings" which is a reference to induviduality and my perpetual quest for self-liberation. The circle around the icons represent the atmosphere and the fact that no matter how much we try to fly, we're limited by the fact we're human and we should only try to fly above the other earthly things that torture us.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I have a Hopi Native Totem tattooed on my lower back. I got it for my 30th birthday and I still love it. I forgot it was kind of taboo being out ot the org for 8 years and I showed it to my JW inlaws recently. You should have seen their faces!

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Thanks everyone for the laughs and some really good suggestions. I'm going to continue to think about it. . . as you all said, this is something that will stay with me forever, so it better be something I really love. I also really like the idea of hanging a picture of it on my mirror - and seeing if I feel the same way about it a month or two from now.

I'm not too worried about the pain - based on what I've been hearing, I'm just preparing myself for something pretty painful, but hopefully quick.

Please keep the suggestions coming. Any websites that you could recommend?

- CF

• IronGland
    IronGland

Do you still enjoy wearing your leisure suit on a daily basis? In 1976 many would have found it a good idea to permanently glue one to their body.

"Yeah, man, this baby blue polyester suit really captures the essense of what i'm all about"

"I hear you brother, Disco will never die"

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

IronGland, might I suggest that you add a little fiber to your diet?

- CF (of the just kidding class)

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

One of my favorite comic strips is from "Life in Hell" by Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons.

The title is "Old Folks Home, 2060"

It shows two old codgers seated across from each other. Each guy is covered head to toe in tattoos, piercings, with phrases like "Alannis Morissette 4-ever", stuff like that.

One guys says to the other, "So, you were pretty stupid in the '90s, too, huh?"

"Gramma, why do you have a tattoo of an butterfly on your wrinkly old back?"

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

When you find the art you like, you might have a friend draw it on location with inkpens in the colors you want, in the size you want. Then see how it "feels". Remember that colors fade and need to be redone every few years.

I have heard that once a persons heart is truly set on the right tat, the pain is less.

Good luck

Brenda

PS, I've almost gotten my nostril pierced for a diamond stud. I'm 48! I might do it at 50.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I have a huge rattlesnake curled around my left arm and shoulder. I have to get the other spirit guide on the other side soon, I'm feeling unbalanced... hur hur hur...

CZAR

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Whatever you do, just please don't try to look like these dorks:

http://www.watchtower.org/images/g/2003/9/22a/fp26a.jpg

• heretic
    heretic

man sixofnine thats classic (previous page people) I can just imagine me lifting up the shirt and the watchtower tatt covering my whole back, what do ya think dad?

I didnt want to post but i need to see if my hasselhoff pic comes up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit