Favorite Book as a Child?

by whyamihere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Oh Yeah - Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys! Loved them both.

My absolute favourite book was called "Dark Sunshine" - can't remember the authour though. I went to the library a few years ago and checked it out and re-read it! Still loved it. (It's about a girl and her horse, I always wanted a horse as a kid! Still do.)

I always had to read my younger brother and sister a story before bed, my sis's fav was Cinderella and my bro was The Three Little Pigs. I also read the "My Book of Bible Stories" (sorry guys) and some pretty scary fairy tales (The Brothers Grimm). Poor kids, the dreams they must have had!!!

BB

• bem
    bem

I liked a book called "Queeny Peavy"<sp?) I've looked for it for years and haven't seen it since I was a child. Of course they don't write on stone tablets anymore so maybe it's out of print.

It was a story about a girl that stayed in trouble,set during the depression, raising herself cause dad was out of the picture don't remember why. and mom worked all the time. She dipped snuff or chewed tobacco and was real proud of her ability to spit (shoewahwweee incidently not why I liked the book) . She eventually got into trouble and a judge helped her in some way and she became a nurse. Vague things I remember about the book.

• The box car children
    • Charlottes Web
    • Nancy Drew

I know thats more than one, Favorite, favorite one was 'Cat in the Hat.'

I seen a reproduction of 'Dick and Jane' readers ,format in a coffee table book. I acted like a child when I seen it and embarrassed my grown daughter right there in wal-mart!!

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

jeez, the bible, inevitably. otherwise i was gonna die right?

pepheuga

• beautiful dreamer awake
    beautiful dreamer awake

I loved the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe by C.S. Lewis when I was 8 years old, I wished I had a wardrobe closet that could take me into Narnia, I always loved that idea. The movie is being filmed now, I am really looking forward to it. Also, The island of the blue dolphins.

• under74
    under74

yeah, I liked the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe too but I think my favorites were Ezra J. Keats books (Snowy Day, Goggles) the Ramona books (Ramona The Brave and so on) and Tale Of A 4th Grade Nothing. After age 11 my favorites were The Outsiders and Rumble Fish.

• Big Tex
  • Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I had a few but favorite was:

Old Shatterhand & Winnetou

and after that maybe: Little woman from Louise M.Alcot.

• blondie
    blondie

Not this book!

• oldflame
    oldflame

Where the Red Fern Grows

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I loved where the red Fern Grows!

Brooke

Share this

Google+