Worse neighbor experiences

by unbeliever 32 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Well I guess I have it pretty good compared to others. Druggies, crack whores, sex offender, FBI raides, etc. Nothing to even come close. I have never been enemies with a neighbor, not even the dub. I went to get my mail a few minutes ago and she glared at me. I felt like flipping her off but I just glared back until she looked away.

• Swan
    Swan

Dustin;

I had these 2 crazy lesbiens who lived above us. The one was just a drugee bitch, and the other one didn't know how to talk, she just yelled everything. They both weighed 300+ and would get up at 5 A.M. every day, even on the weekends. They were just always loud and obnoxious. They would do stuff like vacuum at 4 in the morning, and sit above our bedroom window and yell on the balcony. I finally started being a total jerk to them. Eventually our landlord decided to join the good fight. Now I live in their old apartment, which is nicer than my old one.

I don't understand. What does their sexual orientation have to do with it? (Please note the contrast between your post and Mulan's, who mentioned the sexual orientation of her neighbor because it was integral to explaining the story, but did so without degrading gay people.) Tammy

• heart2heart
    heart2heart

When we first moved to this area, we lived in an apartment building in a not-so-desirable area of the city (we didn't know that at the time). The neighbours we had above us (3 or 4 in the year we lived there!) were all annoying. The first ones, the baby cried ALL DAY - we think she might have been left alone, but not sure. The second ones fought all the time, slamming doors and swearing/screaming at each other at 1 am, were always stomping around (I used to bang on my ceiling with a broom), and blaring their music at all hours. The third ones apparantly didn't know what a garbage can was for - they threw all of their kitchen refuse out their kitchen window and balcony, which ended up in front of our ground-level walk-out where our kids played. Tomatoes, green peppers, spaghetti, egg shells, tea bags, etc. It was really gross. One time I saw her throwing a ton of popcorn over the balcony (not so bad as the birds all eat it) and I yelled at her to stop throwing her garbage over - she was all pissed off and came down and picked some of it up then left it by the front door. Nice. The kids were making snowmen that winter and bits of spaghetti were getting rolled into them. It was gross. My friend, who was their neighbour, said they were always asking for money and cat food, and their apartment smelled like a really dirty cat box, even with the doors closed. The cops were called many times on them because of screaming, fighting and who else knows. Oh, there were 2 boys down the hall who set fire to their apartment (trying to cook) while their mom was at work and they should have been in school (not that I think they even went - they were always home and trashed the building). Oh, did I mention that the first landlord used to pimp prostitutes out of the storage room, was a lazy druggie, and gave other people furniture that had been stored in the storage rooms for someone else?

Glad we don't live there anymore!

• karategirl
    karategirl

My very first neighbor after I moved out was one of the worst. She apparently had a key to my apartment and was going through my stuff and borrowing whatever she wanted when I was at work. MY landlord would do nothing about it so I had to befriend her and snoop through her house until I found the key and stole it. This pissed her off and she punched fist sized dents into the side of my new car with her bare hands. There was no witness and she denied it even though her hands were swollen and wrapped as she stood in the door. Then she proceeded to harass me at all hours of the night by calling my phone and knocking on the door and running away. One night she put the garden hose under my kitchen door and flooded my kitchen. I moved a month later. Have also had the crack head, FBI raid, alcoholic brawling hillbillies for neighbors too. Lived next to a convicted murderer for awhile and a convicted sex offender too. OH and a guy that tried to commit suicide and the cops put his bloody knife on our coffee table as they sent negotiators in to talk to him.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I've never had a crack whore, drunk, partying neighbor, so I can't complain too much. When Mozz and I first married we lived in a little apartment in Plano where Gladys Kravitz lived below us. At least that's what we called her. She was gripey and nosy and complained about everyone for everything. She asked me once to pull our bed away from the wall of our bedroom. We were newlyweds...whaddya expect??? But it took the cake when she said we peed too loud. She could hear us pee in our bathroom. I was so stunned she would complain about that I completely lost any ability to respond. I mean how can I pee quieter?

Andi

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

"2 crazy lesbiens"

You know...actually, that would be a great name for a band, don't you think? In the same spirit as Bare Naked Ladies, but with out so much whining in the vocals.

I must say, although I am not lesbien, I would play in a band with that name. Not crazy in a bad way...just crazy in a WOOHOOO!!!! YEAH BABY!!! IN YER FACE!!! excitement kinda way, know what I mean, jelly beans?

Swan, I don't think Dustin meant anything malovent was meant by that remark. He was just mentioning that the two women were crazy, and they happened to be lesbiens. He's just being descriptive. I don't think it is any more prejudice or wrong to write that than it would be to say 2 crazy jehovah's witnesses.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Eyebrow2 I was glad you said that Dustin wasn't being malovent, because I was about to say to him did he have issues with persons who weigh over 300 lbs. But now I won't.

I don't knowmaybe this orangefatcat is being to sensitive. Cause I have weight, but hey its all the more to cuddle with. I am a cool fat cat...

Now to the worse neighbour experience. I live in a senior citizen building. You'd think that they be okay as neighbours, but we have some dossies in this building. My immediate neigbhours are A ok. But this lady below us is some piece of work. Get a load of this, during the summer we had an air conditioner in the window and on particular humid days the AC would pour out water and it was dripping on her balcony ( we live on the twelve floor), Anyways she contacted the property mangement about this water on her balcony and then we got a letter from the PM and they said that our water was getting on her balcony and if we watered our plants try not to spill the water onto her balcony below. Well I laughed so hard, I almost was sick to my stomach. First of all we have no plants on the balcony and secondly how can we control the water coming out of the AC. Well we just ignored it. Then we recieved another letter from the PM. and again it was the same thing. I wondered what the hell does this women do about water when it rains outside. I mean give me a break. She has come up stairs to complain about us making a banging sound on the floors, well I was just moving something and it slipped out of my hands and crashed to the floor. She is a real ding o ling. Apparently some of her neighbours says she is some wierd. I love it when she gets on the elevator and she has to travel down 11 floors with me. She cowers in the corner for fear I may say Boo. You k now what maybe I will say boo the next time we're in the elevator. She'd probablely call PM again and say I was harrassing her or something.

But really she is some piece of work. Good grief what does she do if it rains / snows on her balcony. She'll have to call the PM and complain and ask them to speak to God and tell Him to stop the rainfall.

love Orangefatcat....

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Orangefatcat,

I am a lot closer to 300 than I 200...but hey, it painted a visual for me....

But I don't get up that early to vacuum....I would like to know where a 300lb woman finds the ENERGY to do such a thing!

• Xandria
    Xandria
    I was so stunned she would complain about that I completely lost any ability to respond. I mean how can I pee quieter?

Andi for some reason that had me laughing so hard, I had tears. I mean REALLY pee quieter.. unless you are peeing ice cubes or pennies, I don't see how pee can be that LOUD. LMAO!

X.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I'd have to say the WORST was living in a house next door to a group of guys that were wannabe grunge rockers. They'd be up all night drugging and playing music that echoed down the back yards. Friday and Saturday nights were parties.

I'd call the cops and get no response. Just noise nuicense(sp). So one night I called the cops and said I heard gunshots and there was a young woman in the middle of the street screeming bloody murder! They showed up in 2 minutes, and the party shut down. (I lied, but it worked).

We tried the landlord, but it was some slumlord who didn't care. The neighborhood got together and stormed their place every time they had a practice session after 9pm or had a party that went after 10 pm. We'd rummage for beer and drugs, eat their food, knock stuff over, play with their instruments. It really freaked 'em out having middleagers in pajamas robes and slippers knocking about! They finally got tired of it and moved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit