The Top 3 Things A Witness Can Never Understand

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

1. Will using the Watchtower to line kitty's litter box make one subject to the judgement of Gehenna?

2. Why aren't Watchtower studies done in the evening as a cure for insomnia?

3. Why was Brother John df'd for apostasy? He didn't change his beliefs - the Governing Body did! Aren't THEY the apostates??

• Dansk
    Dansk
    He didn't change his beliefs - the Governing Body did!

Right! Deut: 18:21-22

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Why was Brother John df'd for apostasy? He didn't change his beliefs - the Governing Body did! Aren't THEY the apostates??

Love it... so true!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LOVE, CHARITY and life outside the organization is wonderful

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you were an Elder you should have understood all those things, I can! and i have only been studying a few months (but i believed the same things long before i came into the congregation), I understand more than an ex-Elder could?? damn i must be smart! how did you become an elder?!?!

Why do some of you still go to meetings?? maybe its because you know its the truth and although you don't want to change your worldly ways (thats why you are here as apostates) you still want favour from God? something like that but, it's not going to happen.

Dmac cracks me up...he's so deep! lol

Mrs Jones

• willyloman
    willyloman
    If you were an Elder you should have understood all those things, I can! and i have only been studying a few months

I'll just leap to metatron's defense here (not that he needs any help).

Dmac, let's establish a few talking points. The thousands of people who have posted on this forum since its inception several years ago include a large number of former (as well as current) elders, ministerial servants, pioneers, former Bethylites, pioneers, and even a few guys who reached loftier positions in the JW organization. The reason a self-proclaimed newbie like yourself ("I have only been studying a few months") should pay attention is that these people have a combined total of hundreds of years of experience within the organization, and they have seen things you can not even imagine: Hypocrisy, self serving leaders, backstabbing, gossip, shameless jockeying for position, political expediency, nepotism, organizational cover-ups, you name it.

Once you've been exposed to the gritty reality, the pretty fantasy world they are painting for you in these early months begins to lose its glow. You've come here imagining you can straighten out a few misguided souls, but the fact is the people you attend meetings with three times a week are the truly misguided. We know, because we were in their ranks for many years, some of us as teachers, instructors, leaders, shepherds, yada yada. We left because our conscience cried out and wouldn't let us stay and participate in the wickedness that surrounded us. I left after more than 20 years as the kind of elder you'd have looked up to, all because I realized I couldn't fix the massive amount of things that were wrong. You will arrive at that place yourself one day. All JWs do. And when you do, you will either leave, like the rest of us did, or you will stay and rationalize that someday, somehow, the evil that surrounds you will all be mysteriously repaired. That's a nice dream, but the reality is it's just wishful thinking on the part of people who are so heavily invested they can't get out.

So stay, read, listen and learn. Perhaps you can save yourself a wasted life and the enormous frustration of realizing you postponed your dreams and significant opportunities because you were busy waiting for a paradise train that never arrived -- and was never scheduled to run.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

that was an awesome post willyloman!

Mrs Jones

• Dawn
    Dawn

The top 1 thing a witness can never understand.....

.....sometimes there is NO answer.

I struggled with this idea - still do. I liked having all the answers given to me. It was hard coming to the realization that most of the answers I had were wrong - and that I would have to search it out myself and try to find the answer. But it is in that one realization that I began to grow.

Somtimes the search for the answer can teach us more than the answer itself.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    Why do some of you still go to meetings?? maybe its because you know its the truth and although you don't want to change your worldly ways (thats why you are here as apostates) you still want favour from God? something like that but, it's not going to happen.

Somebody's drank the Kool-Aid big time!

But anyways, Danny, the only reason why they attend is because their families will shun them for stating things that are against the organization.

****Ding Ding Ding**** Hope there's a bell in his head that says "It's a cult" is rining right now. If it's not ringing then this guy doesn't deserve to reproduce.

And Danny, BTW... ANSWER YOUR E-MAILS!!!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    I struggled with this idea - still do. I liked having all the answers given to me. It was hard coming to the realization that most of the answers I had were wrong - and that I would have to search it out myself and try to find the answer. But it is in that one realization that I began to grow.

some questions cannot be answered, many answers cannot be verified, and all answers can be questioned.

for each answer you can often think up ten new questions, so the more you learn the less you actually know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit