The Top 3 Things A Witness Can Never Understand

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    The Kingdom Ministry has to tell them (yearly) not to cook in hotel rooms during the assemblies, not to let their out-of-control kids bother guests by the pool and so on.

As an elder, I used to dread being assigned these sort of parts on the Service Meeting. Even then, I considered them to be insulting to the average intelligence.

My top three things, plagerised from the existings posts;

1. Unconditional Love

2. People are more important than time

3. That the SYMBOL of life (blood) isn't more important than life

Eyeslice

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

When I was a JW, I didn't understand that "worldly", i.e. normal people, did have moral standards without being spied on and constantly badgered. It took me some time after I left for this to dawn on me.

• little witch
    little witch

1 That God loves them as individuals, and is not collecting time cards.

2 That the watchtower uses isolation (shunning), repetetive lessons (food at the proper time), and spying on ones fellow congregants (being watchful) as tools to retain and control a core following of believers who will pedal literature for the monetary gain of a publishing empire.

3 That they are being taken advantage of. This is IMO the hardest thing to accept. That one could be so wrong in their judgement. The realization that we were not at all as smart and skilled in matters of spirituality as we were taught to believe. A very humbling realization that is. And as a general rule, jw's are short on humble.

• Dmac
    Dmac

If you were an Elder you should have understood all those things, I can! and i have only been studying a few months (but i believed the same things long before i came into the congregation), I understand more than an ex-Elder could?? damn i must be smart! how did you become an elder?!?!

Why do some of you still go to meetings?? maybe its because you know its the truth and although you don't want to change your worldly ways (thats why you are here as apostates) you still want favour from God? something like that but, it's not going to happen.

• Mary
    Mary

1. Why mustaches are okay, but beards will get you eternal damnation;
    2. Why Adolf Hitler and Mother Theresa deserve the same fate;
    3. How can the generation that "sees these things START to occur", not be the generation of 1914 if that's when Jesus began ruling as King?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dmac,

(thats why you are here as apostates)

So why are YOU here?

• Gill
    Gill

Dmac,

You cannot be apostate to a human organization and that's what the WTBTS is, nothing more and nothing less.

You also, and this is said with respect, do not know more than those of us brought up as JWs. Take advice while you can and stay away from this very dangerous cult. Saying 'we are not a cult' does not make it so.

Witnesses cannot understand that they are in a CULT.

They cannot understand forgiveness.

They cannot understand unconditional love being the corner stone of loyalty.

• Soledad
    Soledad

1) that they are in a cult

2) that there are more people watching MTV right now than there are JWs all around the world

3) that statistics can be manipulated

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

1. Since they believe God is the only one who has place to judge humans, then they should step back from calling out others' fate in this world and labeling people.

2. The true meaning of love and what that encompasses.

3. That just because someone, or a group of men in Crooklyn say something is to be (such as the self-proclaimed jw's only path to God garbage) doesn't mean that it's true, hence contradicting Jesus's own words.

Bonus: That having anything to do with apostates is going against the society so maybe they shouldn't read this site, let alone post here with their judgements...that is, if they actually believe the borg is from God!!

• Namasti
    Namasti

"What was I thinking" is something I ask myself a lot since I've awakened to all that you mentioned above. So great to know that others came to the same conclusions as I did. Back 17 years ago, when I left, I felt there was no one-anywhere- who could relate to what I was feeling and thinking. "Worldly people" didn't and sure wasen't many JW's leaving around where I lived--too scary for most, and no websites that I knew of. So, I'm just filled with appreciation for the thoughts, comments, wisdom I'm getting since I've found this site. Thank you. You are right on in your comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit