what sin is facial hair supposed to lead to?

by little1 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

very "stepford wives" isn't it?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Wow Avishai!

So beards lead to becomming a self deluded, ego maniacle, misogynous, end times preacher with a multi million dollar printing empire in Brooklyn New York?

count me in bro! .. grow baby grow!

unclebruce

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

To those raised in Watchtower World, beards are often taken to be a sign of individuallity and worse the sign of an independant streak.

In view of the way they were looked down up in the conservative Adelaide (South Australia) of my youth in the 1960's/70's/80's guess the WBTS ban was based on middleclass 'norms' of Rutherfords era. My father once told me how "men in Australia's territories (Northern Territory Papua/New Guinea etc...) often wear a beard and say it gives them a feeling of power over the natives." (another example of small dick syndrome?)

PNG is the only place I've occationally seen Pioneers and Elders wearing beards ('razor blade shortage' being the joked about excuse). Oh dear .. assembly comming up ... soon be time to shower, shave, put on a tie and some long pants!

unclebruce

• upside/down
    upside/down

I think the WTS owns stock in Gilette, Schick, Norelco and Remington.

Actually I know of a man who was baptized recently who HAD A BEARD. He was a well known professor at the local university in a small city. The reasoning was that since everyone knew who he was, and he had ALWAYS had a beard that it would draw more unfavorable criticizm to the bOrg if he shaved. So he was allowed to keep it! There's always an exception to the rule.

This ranks right up there with HAVING to wear a suit-coat and tie when it's 100F in the shade with a heat index due to humidity of over 115F. How many of you have experienced the CO that REQUIRED that merciless dress code NO MATTER WHAT? And yet they find the concept of a burning "hell" as inconcievable- go figure!

u/d

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

why does the organisation always tell the brothers not to grow facial hair when it's the sisters that suffer most from the problem!

pepheuga

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    It tickles the sisters in naughty places.

lol@elsewhere

so does that mean brothers in naughty places are ok as long as is doesn't tickle the sisters.Yep... thought so.

Come to think of it, there is a brother in a cong here that has a lot of hair on his upper lip...oh wait, he's single. lol! He won't have to shave till he gets married.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

wb UncleBruce and Plm !!!!!!!

Jared:Now there's an interesting tidbit of information - thanks for that!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Actually, I'm rather proud of my beard. For ages I never knew I could grow one, and even before leaving the truth, I always envied those who could.

My father actually had a beard, genetically speaking, and during adolescence, around the time I learnt 'bout the truth, it was quite a while before any facial hair would appear, by that time I was just automatically invested in the energy of shaving.

After leaving, around my late 30's, one day I just kinda' let all my shaving habits go one day, and although I naturally have a baby face, a fellow employee who had a beard encouraged me to grow mine, about 9 months later, I had the beard and as it stands now, I've never been without it since, short of an occasional trimming, its been a part of my existence now since the year 2000, now, I could never see myself without it.

After looking at things in hindsight, there is no truly rational reason why the WTBTS requires such a rule to begin with, and even as was mentioned earlier, the depictions of the people in paradise in their literature, all reflect the fact that beards are not something to be viewed favorably, but you know what? quietly as it's kept, neither were black people.

In older issues of the literature, especially those of the sixties, there appear to be very few artist renderings of blacks in them. not until sometime later were they making a more fluid appearance.

Just another dogmatic policy, bent on keeping folks in military like minded formation.

Sad, very, very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit