what sin is facial hair supposed to lead to?

by little1 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps it seen as a sign of up-to-no-good.

I have made many a child cry and hide behind their mother just by looking at them (in fact, I cry when seeing a reflection).

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Facial hair leads to beatnic-ness...

beatniks are cool, daddy-o...

• little1
    little1

So that's why there are no mirrors in your house, jt...and I thought it might be a vampire thing. Whew!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

*** w68 5/1 p. 288 Questions from Readers ***

In recent years in many lands a beard or long hair on a man attracts immediate notice and may, in the minds of the majority, classify such a person undesirably with extremists or as rebels against society. God?s ministers want to avoid making any impression that would take attention away from their ministry or hinder anyone from listening to the truth. They know that people are watching true Christians very critically and that to a great extent they judge the entire congregation and the good news by the minister?s appearance as a representative of the congregation.

Still a load a crap, of course. But I can't grow anything you'd recognize as a beard anyway, so a moot point for me I suppose. (Didn't Papa Smurf have a beard? I never trusted that demonic little gnome!)

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

AA said,

" (Didn't Papa Smurf have a beard? I never trusted that demonic little gnome!)"

It all makes sense now - roflmao!!!

FF

• Triple A
    Triple A
    I am curious as to why JWs aren't allowed to have facial hair. Why not? And why, then, was it okay for Jesus?

IMO it was okay for Jesus, because he was not trying to sell WTS literture.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    what sin is facial hair supposed to lead to?

It tickles the sisters in naughty places.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Good point Else - but stubble burn can be way nasty....

FF

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

If you look at old publications from WT society (30's through 70's) Jesus did not have a beard!

Poof, now he has one!

By the way people in the new world will not have a beard!

Poof! All those pictures show blacks, whites, chinese, asians, indians, paki's, arabs, men, women, children,...... but no bearded people (even Siks, and Ruskis)

• little1
    little1

So does that mean stubble=original sin? Maybe God told Adam to go forth and get him a Remington as he left the garden in disgrace with a 5 o'clock shadow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit