what sin is facial hair supposed to lead to?

by little1 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• little1
    little1

I am curious as to why JWs aren't allowed to have facial hair. Why not? And why, then, was it okay for Jesus?

Inquiring minds want to know.

L1

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think its cuz so many are carpet cleaners and carpet fuzz sticks to facial hair..its a hygiene thang! lol

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

facial hair is associated with a radical element...the radical element of the 60's and the 70's. Its a bunch of hogwash horsecrap. If you dont shave, you may stumble the others in the congregation.

f that.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Several of the elderly sisters at our old congo would certainly be in line for a disfellowshippin!

FF

• avishai
  • little1
    little1

Who is that Avishai? He is very dark!

So is it a move against individual expression?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Facial hair leads to beatnic-ness...

Regards,

Jim TX

• avishai
    avishai

That is none other than Charles Taze Russel

• one
    one

Been there done that

The real reson is that Russell (the founder of the movemente) had facial hair (long!!!) and when Rutherford came into power ( in a very questionable style, illegal actually) Rutherford "the judge" knew what to do to steer attention away from founder of the movement. Lawyer are lawyers, you know..

He banned facial hair and also changed the name for the movement from "bible students" to jw

wt literature showed Adam and jw WITHOUT facial hair up until earlyl 60.

THEN, around that time Fidel Castro came into power in Cuba... then the hippies and you know the rest of the story. The REAL reason for banning facial hair was never told. .

• little1
    little1

Very interesting history. I suppose it can be another way to force lock-step conformity on every level, and a way to judge by the "outside" if someone is supposedly okay "inside".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit