Extrem earthquake near Indonesia (8,9), thousands of dead people

by Erich 81 Replies latest social current

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Fleur,

But what of the suffering of those left behind? The mothers who watched their children torn away and drown in a split second? how could a loving god put them through that?

It's too horrible to comprehend...the whole thing.

I agree...it is more horrible than anything I could comprehend in my life. But like I said, I don't have the answers. Look back at your life...isn't there someone in your life that has experienced what you've experienced and they helped you through it. Even though you wouldn't wish your awful experiences on anyone, that one person who made the huge difference in your life, could never have done it without their own awful experiences, right? Maybe it's a cycle of giving and loving. Maybe it's the cycle of life. I don't know. I just know that there are people here that have experienced some crappy things in life. But they somehow made it through with help from others that experienced the same things. Isn't it possible that the people left behind, are experiencing it on purpose? A purpose of helping someone else through it when they go through a loss in their own life?

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

If Jehovah intervened, then you would mock the sign of the end. These things must happen. Those that have sadly perished are really closer to eternal life than those that mock Jehovah God and blaspheme his good name.

• Scully
    Scully
    If Jehovah intervened, then you would mock the sign of the end. These things must happen. Those that have sadly perished are really closer to eternal life than those that mock Jehovah God and blaspheme his good name.

Merry Christmas to you too, Sword of Jah.

• Buster
    Buster

SOJ,

Those that have sadly perished are really closer to eternal life

That sentiment is the same one voiced by Christian Longo at his murder trial. He was explaining that, now that he had murdered his family and tossed them into the ocean in the family luggage, they would be saved.

Only a disturbed mind could utter such ice-cold, they're-better-off-dead sentiment. (And I honestly feel deeply sorry for you) I did not expect it from you.

- Cliff

• Valis
    Valis
    If Jehovah intervened, then you would mock the sign of the end.

That has to be the stupidest shit I read all year. If the bible god did intervene there would be no reason for your idiotic Armageddon fantasies to begin with. Do people like SnorkelofJah spring eternal from the dog's vomit or what?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Buster
    Buster

Valis,

Yup, another disturbed quote from a dubbie.

If Jehovah intervened, then you would mock the sign of the end.
    And this sentiment goes all the way back to Russel. When asked to participate in a collective prayer for peace during WWI, the Russellites declined, saying that such a movement would be praying for things contrary to god's will.
  • SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Buster: what a twist on my words. I was making a comparison with those that perished and people like yourself. Instead of getting the point, you come at me with some idiotic comparison with a killer.

Valis: You obviously don't agree with me, but my words are very true. As an imperfect human being you could never understand Jehovah's way of handling things. You judge him as if you are perfectly rightous. I feel sorry for you that you have the audacity to question Jehovah God and put yourself above his rightousness.

• Scully
    Scully

Sword of Jah writes:

Instead of getting the point, you come at me with some idiotic comparison with a killer.

Actually, we do get your point. Your point is that when Jehovah destroys (aka, murders) people, it's Good? and Righteous? and a Demonstration of His Love?. We've just decided that we don't want to buy that crap anymore. Murder is murder. What is the point of having "free will" if you get punished for not using it "appropriately", according to the rules and regulations of your "idiotic" cult?

Love, Scully

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I am glad that you get the point Scully. You said "we", but that's a broad statement and obviously not true. Again, you are trying to find fault with Jehovah's rightousness as you analyze things through your imperfect eyes. Jehovah's demonstration of love is today as he is patiently holding the winds of destruction in order to give people a shot at salvation. You say you don't buy that crap anymore, well Jehovah will not buy all the crap that is in this world. You see only things from your perspective, you don't see what goes on behind closed doors, so to speak. People seem normal on the exterior, but Jehovah sees the heart. Everytime there is a killer, friends seem to be surprised. They could only see the exterior, they might even seem like nice folks, but we all know what people are capable of doing. The destruction caused in Indonesia was not caused by Jehovah, so he is not a murder as you strongly accuse. This is blasphemy, and you will answer for this if not repentant.

• undercover
    undercover
    Jehovah's demonstration of love is today as he is patiently holding the winds of destruction in order to give people a shot at salvation.

What the hell does a 9.0 earthquake with psunami(sp?) waves have to do with God's patience? How does "letting these things" happen give people a shot at salvation?

If you wanna argue that God is letting man govern himself for so many years and man's inability to govern himself leads to wars, famines, etc, fine, no problem. But I will never understand why a God of love would allow natural disasters kill so many and then fundamentalist bible-thumpers will say "it's God's will" or "its a sign of the times".

If God is love and if God is Almighty and if he gave a rat's ass about us, he could and would save innocents from disasters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit