Extrem earthquake near Indonesia (8,9), thousands of dead people

by Erich 81 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    So Simon, we don't believe how you believe, but why so disrespectful to those of us that do believe there is a God? I understand your anger about the earthquakes and stuff, but geez...try living by the first three posting rules you make us live by:

Personally, I find the insistence that there is a god and that events like this can be justified insulting, sickening and disgusting.

I think on balance that more religious people push their beliefs than atheists talk up about their disbelief.

21k+ dead for no good reason and apparently "wonderful loving god" is sat on his arse doing nothing and too lazy or too incompetent to help.

There was some religious guy on the radio answering the question (pitifully) of where god was that day - "in the arms of people helping each other". Yeah, the only god we have is us ... the only help that is coming is already here. There is no god and those who pretend that there is are wasting their time and ours.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    What I don't understand is if anyone else here made those comments Simon just made, we'd get in trouble for it.

I think that there's a differnece between saying "god is scum" (i.e. expressing an opinion) and "you're scum", the latter is simply picking a fight.

IMO - Sometimes I think people here on the board get a little too sensitive when they feel their beliefs are being questioned or challenged. But then again, everyone has their own view of what a "spirirted debate" is.

• Erich
    Erich

Simon said

21k+ dead for no good reason and apparently "wonderful loving god" is sat on his arse doing nothing

Even if God is NOT the "wonderful loving god", and even if he is a brutal slaughter - oh man, what shall we do? If we are indeed his creations btw we had been coming into existance through an act of his creativity, we are fully depending on him. We would have get no chance to fight against him. We MUST accept him - gladly or not, doesnt matter at all, and doesnt change anything...

E.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    edited because I forgot to add that my family is already using this as an excuse to remind me once again that the "end is near".

I want to clarify by quoting the above as being the same reason I made MY comment/post. I am just soooo sick to death of being threatened with that particular Damoclean Sword, hence my response..........

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    21k+ dead for no good reason and apparently "wonderful loving god" is sat on his arse doing nothing and too lazy or too incompetent to help.

I will never claim to have all the answers. But I do believe there is a purpose for everything that happens in this world. Whatever it was that caused us all to question our JW beliefs, was most probably earth shattering in our little world. I know my world crumbled when I was DFed. But now, years down the road, I realize that experience, as painful as it was, was a blessing in disguise. If I could go through it again to the same outcome, I would do it in a heartbeat. Wouldn't you? But there are hundreds of thousands of people in those KH walls that feel sorry for us and are angry that we are no longer part of their lives.

I know it's not exactly the same thing, but isn't it just slightly possible, that there is something far more amazing and better than our little lives here in earth? Isn't it possible that the people who have suffered greatly from that earthquake and passed on are experiencing another level of live that is so wonderful that their lives as we know it, pale in comparison? Perhaps it too is a blessing in disguise? Like the JWs that still religiously attend their precious meetings, it's hard for us to fathom life beyond what we know. Until we die, we may never understand it.

I guess my point is, just because we don't understand it, doesn't mean it's fair for us to place blame on someone for something we don't have the full picture of.

Just thinking out loud,

Andi

• FMZ
    FMZ

Andi, I agree completely, there is definitely something more. The lives that were lost were not lost forever.

FMZ

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Isn't it possible that the people who have suffered greatly from that earthquake and passed on are experiencing another level of live that is so wonderful that their lives as we know it, pale in comparison? Perhaps it too is a blessing in disguise? Like the JWs that still religiously attend their precious meetings, it's hard for us to fathom life beyond what we know. Until we die, we may never understand it.

That could be, like you said we won't know till we get there.

But what of the suffering of those left behind? The mothers who watched their children torn away and drown in a split second? how could a loving god put them through that?

It's too horrible to comprehend...the whole thing.

• glitter
    glitter

23,000 people died because inhaling salt water makes the water in your blood draw through the walls of your lungs and your thicker and more concentrated blood puts strain on your heart and then you die of heart failure.

Not forgetting the people who are now going to die of water-borne disease: I'm sure they're looking forward to being with their loved ones in the after-life!

How truly it was a blessing!

Their terrifying and painful deaths did no good to them or anyone else. If there's good to come from death, why ever even try to save lives?

• FMZ
    FMZ

Glitter, no-one here is belittling the deaths of these people. What they went through was a terrifying, heartbreaking tragedy. A terrible thing happened.

Please, rather than be narrow-minded and sarcastic about this, just think for a second, there may just be more to life than we know.

FMZ

• glitter
    glitter

Fantasy doesn't matter either way. It doesn't matter how lovely it may be after death when people are suffering in their life. There's no proof of anything supernatural that happens after we're dead but there is proof of grief and pain.

We *know* that a terrible tragedy occurred yesterday, that's all that *matters*. Drinking water, medicine, blankets and shelter for those made homeless are all that matter - things that the dead don't need. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit