Extrem earthquake near Indonesia (8,9), thousands of dead people

by Erich 81 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Yet more proof that there either is no god or he is complete scum.

Either way, there is no point worshiping an imaginary figure or a mass murdering sociopath.

• FMZ
    FMZ

With all due respect Simon... screw you.

FMZ

• Simon
    Simon
    With all due respect Simon... screw you

Ah ... am I to take it you are one of the evil-ones followers then?

Please, defend him. At least attempt it. If not, just admit that he's a disappointment.

Don't just sit there calling me names because you cannot defend your "god"

• FMZ
    FMZ

I just don't think this is the time or place to start insulting people's beliefs. Just stop and think for a second about the actual lives that are being affected by this incident. This isn't about belief, worship, or anything else, it's about a tragedy.

If you are truly interested in my views on God, then start a thread named "FMZ, what is your opinion on God?". Otherwise, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "There is a time and a place for everything".

FMZ

• Simon
    Simon

That's what I'm thinking about.

I know that religious folk will jump on this to start ramming their "message" down people's throat and exploiting people's death and tradgedy for all it's worth.

No doubt congregations now are praying for "the brother affected" and screw all the rest.

It just makes me want to vomit.

• FMZ
    FMZ

I couldn't agree more with that post, Simon.

FMZ

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Scary thing is - each time I turn on the news the death toll is creeping up -- 11500 at last count. Bound to be a watching the world item on this -or if loads of KH got washed away then about how wonderful the WTBTS were in rushing to everybodys aid

• roybatty
    roybatty
    "There is a time and a place for everything".

In all honesty, I think that this is a good time and place for such a discussion. For people who believe in an almighty, loving God (or heck, a semi-powerful and decent god) how do you reason that he allows such things to happen?

If I were sitting all comfy in my home watching a storm and happened to look outside my window and saw a cat or dog being swept away I would at least make an attempt to help the creature. It would be the decent thing to do. If I as an imperfect, selfish, weak human being act in such a way, how could it even be possible for God sit there and watch over 11,000 people die in one of the most horrible ways possible?

If there is such an indiffernt God, can he really blame us when his divine offspring follow his example?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I HAVE TO AGREE - even if this is not the time and place with so many dead -reminds me of the Hannibal Lecter films

• glitter
    glitter

According to people who believe in God, there is death because of Adam and Eve's free will - and that God doesn't step in to stop terrible crimes because mankind has the free will to commit evil.

An earthquake isn't evil. It's caused because of friction between the Earth's tectonic plates; those plates have no free will. What happened in South-East Asia had nothing whatsoever to do with man's inhumanity to man, so I have a question for Christians or others who believe in an all-powerful creator:

Why did God *create* the Earth with built-in natural disaster time bombs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit