I'm afraid there are only 2 ways of being a true believin' Christian

by Zep 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*CUT!!*

Dammit people, we're shooting on short ends here, try to get it right please!

Ok, Derek, once more, just from "I'm just a naughty boy" forward.

QUIET ON THE SET. Roll camera. Roll sound. "The Life of Derek" Scene 6, take 9. clap.

• Zep
    Zep

Sunchild

"Following any spiritual path is about finding one's own most effective, meaningful way of communing with the Divine, both in terms of God however you perceive Him/Her/It and the spark of God that lives within ourselves. Being a Pagan didn't work for me because I didn't experience that, at least not in the same "real" sense that I feel it as a Christian. It's a hard concept to put into words, but it's unmistakable."

Yeah, i get this one. This is good. I was just kiddin' around with the orgies stuff too BTW.

Little toe

Ummm....yeah well, i've completely forgotten what I've written in my last few posts.I cant be bothered trying to thrash it out so it makes sense because it just don't seem that important really. Logan sort of sounds right...I'd like to have the guys vocabulary too.

Fundamentalists(in all their variety) are ignorant and/or dishonest, thats what I'm saying. You can agree or disagree with that claim, thats your choice. But thats how I see it.

Funkyderek

sorry 'bout trying to turn you into cult figure. But i thought it sounded kinda good. Thats my warped sense of humour for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Zep,

Yeah, i get this one. This is good. I was just kiddin' around with the orgies stuff too BTW.

I was hoping you were, but you'd be surprised at how often people aren't joking when they say things like that.

In any case, take care.

~Rochelle.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    I am a Christian because Christ is the example of someone I would like to be every day of my life. I believe he was the Son of God. I believe he gave up everything for my good. I believe my life is lived more successfully because of the two tenants he taught. Christians that get up in arms over detailed doctrine are wasting their breath. When did Christ ever argue about drinking or dancing or any of that other stuff? He didn't. It's immaterial. THE POINT IS LOVE. It truly is that simple. Humans make it complicated by adding all the other crap.

Andi, I think that is one of the best descriptions of why a person believes in Christianity I've ever read. It gets to the point without taking aim at anyone else's beliefs (or lack thereof). Great post!

hugs

essie

(not a Christian but most of my friends are...)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL @ Derek & Six.

Zep:

Fundamentalists(in all their variety) are ignorant and/or dishonest, thats what I'm saying. You can agree or disagree with that claim, thats your choice. But thats how I see it.

It's still a bit of a generalisation, but for the most part I would have to concur...

• justhuman
    justhuman

there is only one way-examine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit