I'm afraid there are only 2 ways of being a true believin' Christian

by Zep 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brummie
    Brummie

Missy, highlight the text then press the little eraser button just above the post....^

• Satanus
    Satanus

Brummie falls foe the dark side. Bwaaahhaaa.

S

• gumby
    gumby

I'm not going to tell you how to fix it cuz I commented to you on this thread and you didn't respond.......so there!

All you do is clickm on the little icon that looks like a roll of toilet paper to the left of the paper clip. That icon says "correct formatting". That will put your type back to normal.

Gumby

• Carmel
    Carmel

If one defines the term "Christ" to mean more than just Jesus and accepts the idea that there are other "Christs" then there is another paradigm of belief that could be labeled "Christian".

carmel

• Golf
    Golf

Zep, what's the alternative?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Polarity and absolutism are also, constructs, as is Christianity. Even though Zep has not found any flaws in his language, he is making a large number of assumptions, all untested. There can be dozens, hundreds of ways of being a Christian. An Orthodox Christian, however, ascribes to a core set of beliefs.

• Gordy
    Gordy

You missed other ways

That God does exist.

That Christ came and died for mankind

That the Bible is true.

• freedom96
    freedom96

There is no secret to the fact that two individuals can take the same facts and draw two different conclusions.

To suggest that someone else beliefs are wrong and ignorant simply because you don't agree, is immature.

I personally will not judge others on what they believe. But if you are going to judge me, and call me ignorant for what I may believe in, you are not worth my time.

• missy04
    missy04

I like this...

AK - Jeff said:

I consider my self a Christian - no excuses needed.

I trust the Bible - no excuses needed. Parts are prob metaphor, agreed.

I believe in God -and Prayer -and I am intellegent, capable, at the same time.

I just don't believe in JW brand of Christianity - that is why I am here.

Just My Opinion

Jeff

Very well said.

~Sarah

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I am in agreement with what funkyderek said

For some people, to be a Christian is simply to be like Christ - compassionate, contemplative, disdainful of religious hypocrisy

Over the ages, there appear to have been a few people who have been able to give us a glimpse of the divine. I am sure that if there is a God, then truely following the examples of the few like Christ is as good a way as any to live our lives, whether we chose to call ourselves Christians or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit