by TheListener 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

You have to start somewhere..

welcome to this board.

Branda

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Hi, I am also having doubts but still trying to hold on. Have you altogether decided "it just isnt the truth" or are you still considering the possibility that even though they are not perfect as the apostles but that maybe Jehovah could be using them still? It is very difficult to leave when our belief system is all that you know in life. I am very scare and undecided. I have taken the advice of some here and I am not rushing into any one thing. I am just kinda setting back for once in my life and trying to look at the big picture. I still feel a strong need to be a part of a brotherhood and I just dont see the brotherhood any where else. I am so confused!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Y'guys gotta read this archive thread from this "recovering from mormonism" board: http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon030.htm

They're going through the same types of issues, cept its a different borg, or "Morg" as they call it...I think it might put things in better perspective.

Here's the full topic list: http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon_shorts.htm

• qwerty
    qwerty

Go site M.J

This is interesting, I wonder if the Mormon Church leaders warn against the Evil internet too!?

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon272.htm

• qwerty
    qwerty
    I'm sure the brethren in Salt Lake hate the internet with a passion. It's a free flow of information that they can't regulate. Funny, how many dictators want to control the flow of information when they want to control their subjects.

I'm sure the Governing Body in Brooklyn Bethel hate the internet with a passion. It's a free flow of information that they can't regulate. Funny, how many dictators want to control the flow of information when they want to control their subjects.

Q

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello to The Listener

Welcome ! I know exactly where you are coming from . You speak of "responsibilities" and I know how hard it is to carry on teaching the material when you are almost sure that it is all baloney

I was Group Study Conductor, Watchtower Overseer and Secretary . It took a loooong slow fade to be able to walk away from those responsibilities without invoking too many awkward questions .. In the end a long discussion with the C/O ended with my contrite "confession" that I harboured a secret passion for so called "heavy metal music". After that I was off the body of elders so quick that my feet hardly touched the ground .

No took any notice of me after that . So now I just attend on a Sunday when my wife makes the meeting , so as to support her and keep an eye on what is going on

Good luck in your own fading... Believe it is worth it. In fact there is nothing else to do once you know the truth about "The Truth"

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Welcome. I´m also doing the fade thing (actually it´s pretty much done). I was lucky to move around a lot at the beginning of it. I was also lucky that they closed congregations at that time so I don´t even know where my publisher card is/was last located. Makes it easyer to escape the radar. Good luck.

Lazy

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. It's funny but after reading the boards for so long and seeing so many new ones welcomed I was worried that I might be the exception. No need to worry - it's amazing how similar many of our experiences are. Whenever I feel frustrated I'll re-read my welcome thread and feel better.

To PanicAttack: I started doubting about two years ago. I totally know where you are coming from. Every witness has things that are just not understood. But, we put that at the back of our minds and press on. One day it dawned on me that the governing body can make mistakes. I know it sounds dumb, I always knew they were imperfect, but somehow this realization was different. I figured I wasn't smart enough to know what mistakes, if any, had been made (doctrinally). So I began to read and read, and read some more. At some point in my searching I decided to buy Crisis of Conscience. Wow!! I was a nervous wreck. I was so nervous I drove over two hours from home to buy it and at that had a worldly friend use their credit card. She was very nice not to say "you're crazy" to me. Then it hit me....I am a grown person and I'm afraid to buy a book. For God's sake what is wrong with that!! I still hide the book - sad but true.

At this point I believe in some doctrines and don't believe in others. I don't believe in unity through coercion. I believe that the scriptures are correct - if more than two people gather to talk about Jesus and what he did for us, you'll receive the Holy Spirit. I don't care if it's a united, organized, efficiently timed meeting of people who all believe the exact same thing. I merely want to enjoy fellowship with people who enjoy studying the bible and discussing its application in our lives. Of course, doing the fade makes that impossible - you know "interfaith" and all that. In due time, in due time.

• melmac
    melmac
    In the end a long discussion with the C/O ended with my contrite "confession" that I harboured a secret passion for so called "heavy metal music".

So do I... If I were still a Witness, I'd make good use of that.

Hey, listener, Be welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit