New here (sort of)

by TheListener 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hello everyone. Although this is my first post I must say that I feel like I know so many here very well. Your posts have helped me tremendously. As I become more comfortable I hope to join in the topics and begin to share more about myself.

For now I'll say that I am currently a JW that began researching information about two years ago to improve my faith and knowledge. Unfortunately (for the old me) but, fortunately for the new me I began to realize that some of the things I had been taught all of my life didn't completely make sense to me. This caused me a lot of mental and emotional pain. I began to allow myself to get close to some "worldly" people who helped me in a non-judgemental or "you're in a cult" type manner. My friends along with your posts have helped me navigate through this while maintaining my good mental health.

Due to family committments and pressures I am doing the long fade. For brothers, one of the most dificult parts of fading is getting off the responsibilities radar screen - the more responsibility you have the more dificult it is. Next is immediate family and their personal decisions on how to "deal with you". In the end I have decided that my happiness matters as much as those around me. I am taking each step painstakingly slow.

Thank you all for your openness and candor in your posts - you have no idea how many people just like me you help get through the exiting process.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Listener,

There isn't anyone here who doesn't know where you're coming from. It's great to meet you. Ask away anytime - and all the best with your fade!

Best wishes,

Ian

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Welcome

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome.

Glad your here.

cj

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome! This discussion board can always benefit from a good "listener"!

Janet

• Fleur
    Fleur

Welcome, we are happy to have you with us...

~essie

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi Listener, hope to see more of you here in the future. Good luck on "The Fade".

~ Paul

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I too am New Here(kind of) and I am also doing the fade thing. Its seems easy at first but it does get harder when people ask you so..... "Why are you not coming to meetings?" You have only so many excuses. I hope you find true happiness. I know this board as made me feel welcome and I know I am not crazy(to a point)!

Brooke WI

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Listener!

I'm happy to hear you feel so at home!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit