New here (sort of)

by TheListener 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome aboard listener, glad you decided to post.

brummie

• bem
    bem

Welcome from the folks I've met in person to the ones I chat and correspond with you are in good company.

Dorothy

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Welcome Listener!
    I'm glad to know that one more 'lurker' has made the step to post.

Glad you are here.

NewLight2

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome!

DY

• vitty
    vitty

Hi and welcome

This board really helped me, Were doing the fade too.

Ive visited a lot of sites, some were really good helped me with a lot of research. But this is the site I visit everyday, sometimes I dont post, just read.

I dont think I would have stayed sane without this site, so thanks everyone!!!!!!1

So stick around and ill look out for your posts

• qwerty
    qwerty

Nice to have you with us.

Need any advice, give me a PM. I've done the long fade too and still intact, I think!

Qwerty

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome,

Always good to have new folks here. A long slow fade is good. It does not offer the clear freedom that disfellowshipping or disassocation offers, but it is good. Moving out of the area where you people know you is even better to fade out in. I know many who are successfully fading when they moved away from family.

I went about it the hard way and just got myself disfellowshipped, but didn't have family who would shun me except a nephew in another state.

Hope you find many friends here and support.

Ruth

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

welcome! I truly hope you find peace and happiness along the way.

I have never been happier and more stress-free.

• new light
    new light

Welcome to the board and good luck on the careful fade.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Me and my husband are doing the "fade" as well, been a little over a year. It can be pretty exhausting, this fading process...But you have to do what you have to do. (right?)

I have found this board quite therapeutic as well....knowing I am not "alone" in the way I feel.

Looking forward to more of your posts!

CodeBlue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit