I Need Some Serious Help Please !!!!!!

by Peterpanippleskin 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    you better watch what you say or you will be sent to sleep with the cyberfishes

Only if your first name is Luca

This is the Internet so caveat emptor is almost always in play

Chris

• wednesday
    wednesday

U are right, peter, enough is enough. Read the literature, look up some more infromation on the net, and don't let anything negative that anyone has said cross your mind again. Best wihes to and and your bro and niece.

weds

• Englishman
    Englishman

Incense & Peppermints,

I have removed your post.

Any complaints about the way the site is run, please take to PM.

Englishman.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Hal,

As much as you want to help your brother see "THE LIE" that they call 'da troof', it will be extremely hard to do. I studied with an elder's wife for 8 months and was still unsucessful. Every week I came prepared with documentation after documentation proving error after error that the Watchtower has spuen forth year after year in their publications. But it did not even make a dent. Until someone is ready to begin to THINK about what is before their eyes, they will remain blind as a bat!

The best advise I can give you right now is to continue your research on the JW belief system. Continue to read this DB - both the current topics and the 'archived' past threads. If you want to begin at the very beginning of this board, just click on page numbebr one in each of the forums. Happy reading.

When that is done come back and post again. If you go to a new board to post, do not tell very many details in your first post. A short paragraph saying that you are a non-JW who has a JW brother who you would like to see leave the cult. Then ask for suggestions. Keep the family history to yourself. The least said the better.

Oh, and get a new 'handle'. Some of these people post/read several DB's.

Your learning will take time and I understand that time in this situation is critical so while you are learning how to get him out of the WT do this NOW:

Get your niece out of that home. Pay for an apartment for her if that is the only way to do it.

Get your brother AWAY from the wife for safetys sake.

They both need to file a legeal restraining order against the wife for abuse.

Tell your brother to just move out, it does not matter the status of his marriage at this point. You need to convince him that his wife is a danger to his life. If the elders stick their noses in, fine. Then maybe HE will get the help he needs from his local cong.
    He is the head of household and according to WT rules, HE is the one to take charge - not his wife. All he need say is that this is HIS way of dealing with an abusive wife. He needs to protect his daughter.

Do NOT try to tell him anything about getting out of the WT now. He will not listen to you. Wait until after he and his daughter are safe from the wife before you say anything.

• sf
    sf

Good grief. What a pack of wolves.

Hal, it was nice chatting with you. Feel free to come back to the room when you are feeling better. Or just pm me. There is alot of support there for you. Hope you put me on your list already.

sKally

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Hal,

I can be reached via email at:
    [email protected]

Also you can PM me here,

However, my response may be very slow. I normally use Netscape 3.4 whis is not compatibale with hotmail or the PM system used on this board. I do have a newer browser, but that is sooo slow to use since I have an old, old 'puter that runs on Windows 95. I do check these every so often, but not daily. So be patient, I will get you answered sometime.

NewLight2

• formerout
    formerout

Hal,

I too feel for your brother's situation and even for your treatment on this site. I'm not sure why I & P's post got deleted, but I hope this one doesn't as well.

I started another thread trying to find out why they pre-judged you so harshly regarding the Corvin accusation. The thread has been locked (nobody can respond to it) now (which I think is silly bullying) but you can read what is said there. From that you can decide whether to consider if they were slightly more justified in their treatment of you or not.

Even the good people that run this site can jump to conclusions.

Brad

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

...kind of like fleaman when he told women with eating disorders that they were full of hot air and had watched "Bridget Jones" one to many times...oh and that they should try putting a lock on the fridge. You didn't appear to have a problem with that, so get off your high horse.

Xena.I think i have had enough of your Whiny,malicious troublemaking comments.That subject was done and dusted ages ago.I for One apologized,People such as valis were gracious enough to accept my Apology.Your constant sniping at me is becoming a tiresome Bore.

Back to the subject...if this Guy is genuine he deserves some support from us?I dont really understand ip Addresses etc,so i hope its not just a Con.If it is then shame on whoever would waste the time of decent,caring People.

• flower
    flower
    Edited to add: By the way flower, you make the comment that I am basing my opinion on something that I know nothing about. Go back to slippy's to see how Dave called "Peter" and found out that his story was in fact accurate.

So if you called OJ and he tells you over the phone he didnt kill Nicole and Ron, I suppose that would be enough proof for you. I never asked the man to prove anything in the first place, he went on that rampage all on his own. I still have no idea why someone would care so desperately if a bunch of internet strangers thought he might be saying something untrue. And actually, I did apologize...twice. Obviously there is mental illness involved and I qualified my remarks accordingly as soon as that became apparent. The man also got plenty of practical, useful advice from me as well as others, which he refused to even acknowledge unless someone called him directly by phone. I never accused this man of being Corvin..simply of being stupid. If the word 'stupid' strikes some sort of taboo cord with you, I apologize. I'm sure if I had said that the story involved a lot of 'obtuseness' and that the people involved should get profession assistance because they seemed to be 'chronically making poor decisions or careless mistakes', I'm sure you wouldnt be having such a problem with it...even though it means exactly what I did say. The problem you have with me is yours and yours alone. I am a direct person yet you should know if you have been around reading my posts as long as you claim, that I am also nothing if not honest. And if you have indeed been reading my posts long enough to form a personal opinion, you would also know that I am always willing to admit when I am wrong and apologize. I've done it a dozen times at least on these boards...conveniently you seem to have missed those. I also gave the man practical advice on the situation with his brother..which you conveniently didnt see. I never accused the person of being Corvin or anyone else. I simply pointed out the how incredibly stupid it is to post ones name, address and phone number on an internet message board, how stupid it is to sit inside of a strangers car and not realize that it isnt your vehicle and then blame someone else, among other acts of stupidity listed in the story. Had I been proven to be incorrect in stating that these things are stupid I would already have apologized. However 'Dave" saying that he talked to the person on the phone does nothing in the way of making my statements false. Was the word "stupid" a bit harsh? Perhaps. But had I been talking to someone who was being respectful and articulate I would not have used it. However the poster had already proceeded to use several expletives therefore I felt and still feel justified in my use of the word. Hope that clears things up for ya. Cya

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Hal,

One more thing that just came to my mind. Before you join/post to another internet group, it would be a good idea to 'lurk' (read posts w/o posting) a while before you make your first post. That way you will become familiar with the 'feel' of the atmosphere of THAT board.

But the most important piece of advice is that you wait awhile before you join another board. And DO change your handle!!

NewLight2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit