Are we having an impact on the WTS?

by Maverick 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks to pro-active people like Simon I do believe we have an impact on the WTS. I think ex-witnesses are better adjusted and recover quicker because of these web sites. I know I was able to deprogram and come to terms with being in that cult for 24 years much quicker than being divorced after 15 years. Seven years I've been out of the marriage and I still have major issues, but I am over most of the WTS's BS.

I don't have any "hard" facts about our impact but I put this out to y-all.

Do you feel we are putting a dent in the WTS?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hi, Mav! Merry ChrismaHanuKwanzakah! Yes, I do believe the internet as a whole, and sites like this one, make a huge impact. But, let's NOT forget to give ourselves credit.......we walked out of the Tower.........said "enough of this BS" and reclaimed our own life. Ter

• Dansk
    Dansk

DEFINITELY!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think web sites and writings have the same effect on high control groups as books and libraries have on education.

• metatron
    metatron

Little by little, we're chipping away at them. I know it takes patience, but over the long haul, we have the guerilla advantage.

They're centralized - and probably starting to feel the strains of 'imperial overstretch' - as publishers in wealthy nations slack

off and third world congregations are a bottomless pit of needs.

It was the internet that enabled the whole INTERNATIONAL focus on the sexual abuse of children within the organization.

They can't defeat us. They can't make us go away.

metatron

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I think ex-witnesses are better adjusted and recover quicker because of these web sites. I know I was able to deprogram and come to terms with being in that cult

I agree. It's a form of group therapy for us. And the quicker we recover, the smaller chance we have of being sucked back into that high-control group.

Now if I could just find an Internet forum to help me with my additiction to DB's

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Without a doubt!

Seeing the things we might have secretly "wondered" about deep in our hearts---and seeing these things discussed in an open forum or websites like Randy's and Shaun's---lets folks REALLY see what the truth IS and they can come to their own conclusions on what they read.

Annie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Definitely, planting the seeds of doubt into people's minds is the best way to get people to start thinking for themselves instead of blindly listening to the WT.

• Perry
    Perry

I think doctrinally, it is much, much easier to deprogram nowdays since there is so much information tailored to exiting JW's. However, the grip on the family members by the WT is their ace-in-the-hole. They can always play that trump card. If not for that, they would already be a "has been kook religion". That is the next front in my opinion.

• gumby
    gumby

All one has to do to see if this site and sites like these are having an impact......is read the stories of the hundreds of newbies coming here. Countless new members are sharing how this site has opened their eyes to the WTBTS and they are making their exit. Were it not for sites like these.....the attrocities the organisation has imposed on it's members would only reach a handfull in comparison to the exposer the organisation gets here....................Thanks again Simon and others

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit