Are we having an impact on the WTS?

by Maverick 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Can you imagine them trying to pawn that shit off on everyone now?

Good point Mary
    The means of internet communication itself has reduced the impact of DF'ing. Now no DF'd person need be all alone and have to turn back to the KH in desperation for friendship.

Englishman - this has been a lifesaver for me - from the school of 'no friends left anymore'

Jeff

Dec 16, 2004

Dec 16, 2004
  • BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Most defintely!

We are all aware of how the Borg makes changes...very subtly, sneaky, cunning and over a period of sometimes years they will slide in completely new rules..."new light". They are so crafty that you sometimes don't even notice the changes. What the internet has done, is allow sites like this and others to show in timeline form, etc., all of the changes and false predictions in a single window....in the privacy of your own home.

For example, I fully remember the excitement for 1975...but today you ask a new dubbie and they don't know anything about it, and the old ones still in give you the party line about how people misinterpreted the borg's words...come to a site like this or Randy's and your eyes are opened!

-BONEZZ

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i know the quotes website had a big impact on me.. i was kind of skeptical about it thinking " they pick stuff out and quote it out of context " but after reading there about , what? 2 seconds .. i realized thats not true. and it opened my eyes a LOT.

being here takes away a lot of the guilt i felt at first, gives me a voice where otherwise i'd have none ( dont wanna be df'd and lose family)

this site gives good advice from a variety of people so that i'm able to go away with SOMETHING that applies to me and will help me.

it also gives me a place to laugh and giggle :)

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

candidlynuts......you are so right. I found that site and double checked everything with my WTBS CD Library. In fact I would look up stuff in the Quotes site and then print it out from my Library. It's a terrific site!

-BONEZZ

• minimus
    minimus

I wouldn't be asking all these thought provoking questions unless I thought an impact was being made.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Sure we are having a GREAT impact. I started my main website (freeminds.org) in 1996 and the number of UNIQUE daily visitors has steadily risen to about 1000 per day right now. Many of these are Witnesses and Witness family members. I get emails from many Witnesses who want out or are in the process of coming out. Before that, with just the circulation of the printed Free Minds Journal, I might have received one or two letters a month from a Witness requesting help. Now it is daily. Many of those who end up leaving say that the information that is online has really helped them get out and get on with their lives.

The boards like this do a great deal in helping people get their heads on straight. When you are able to talk and exchange views with others who are going through similar things as yourself, especially in a forum with lots of people, it gives you confidence that you are not alone and that there are thousands out there like you, and after a while you lose your guilt and fear that you are going to die for questioning the Watchtower. Losing the guilt and fear is the most important FIRST STEP and it can happen almost overnight for some. For others, it will take some rethinking and research, and possibly changes in the family if they have Witnesses close to them.

I choose this board to get most of my "Net Soup" items because it seems to have less petty talk, and the topics are often very important to the persons like I mention above who are questioning. I'd rather not point them to a site where people are gossiping and attacking each other. I want to reach the Witness with facts that will set them free. But there are other good boards as well, I wish I had the time to visit them all regularly. I appreciate it when someone from another board, or Silentlambs, or Alan F. sends me a note from another board or news item so I can post it or pass it on.

I am writing more on a similar subject of "HUMOR" and will pass it on soon.

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is!

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• PinTail
    PinTail

Maverick you have taken the words right out of mouth, we must have been brothers in some other life.

It never stops amazing me how exstensive the impact the witness's way of life and their teaching had on me, I was raised one I raised my kids as witness's I feel like dork for doing so. My present wife is so logical in most everything, thank god she has shone me how utterly stupid a lot of their dogmatic teachings are; I could list a lot of them but we all know a lot of them anyway. They may have some good teachings here and there, but you know, they are mostly just a polished turd. I know they will have ansure to god one day.

Shane

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thank y-all for your responses. This web site and Randy's helped me alot to get past the guilt and exit phobia programs the WTS install on its membership. They claim to offer peace of mind but if fact steal a piece of your mind instead! Mav

• Mary
    Mary
    Minimums said: I wouldn't be asking all these thought provoking questions unless I thought an impact was being made

Oh now come on Minimus..........I thought for sure you were asking all these questions so you could count it as time on your Service Report!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Living a successful life on the outside in full view of the society has to have an impact. That is my strategy. I hope it works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit