My story, please read

by fairchild 108 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hey it's nice to see you back here Fairchild. Notice I got your name correct this time??

It is interesting that you see goodness and a caring attitude among the jw's. Many of them are like that.

Then again a few are not, they can't be bothered. "Much like the rest of the world " What really bothers me regarding this issue, is that this goodness and caring attitude can cease with a snap of the fingers.

For example. If you were to ask the elders "WHY THEY TEACH THAT THE WBTS IS THE ONLY" organization that has Gods blessing and through them and them only, does God operate.

If you say you disagree and do not bend to their demand that you accept this teaching, you will be disfellowshipped. aka known as excomunicated.

Then all the goodness and caring will transform into a form of hate. You will be labeled as an apostate and as the" wbts publications instruct their members to do", you will be "treated as one would treat a poisonous snake". Think for a moment "how are poisonous snakes treated".

If another member in good standing so much as visits you or God forbid they have a meal with you, that is even worse, they will be told to cease these activities or they will also be excomunicated and treated as you would a poisonous snake.

What happened to the love and caring?

In the blink of an eye it is transformed into hatred. The jw's who once loved and cared for you now hate you, "as their publications instruct", not because you did anything to them to cause this.

This isn't even their personal decision. They do this because the "wbts tells them they must".

Think about it. Fairchild.

There I got your name right again.

Outoftheorg

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi Alan,

Your post confused me a bit, especially the part about the UN. Isn't the UN the 'disgusting thing that causes desolation', as described in the book of Daniel? I am unaware that the JW's have dealings with the UN, but then, I don't really know all that much, as I have only been on one side of the fence so far.

Do I confuse JW's with the bible? Not sure.. I read the bible several times, and then observed different religions that use the bible, to see which one lived closest to the requirements of the bible. Unless there are religions out there I have never heard of, I do believe that JW's live closest to bible principles. I know that there are countless exceptions, but people are individuals and all make mistakes. I think what I'm trying to say is that, in my opinion, JW's teach a way of living that is closest to bible principles. From browsing around on this site, I have found many examples of people doing very wrong things, like child molesting, stealing, not paying their taxes, etc.. etc.. but it does not eliminate the fact that they were taught something else.

As far as people (elders) go, who teach one thing and do another thing.. in the end they will have to answer to God. The talk at the kingdom hall two Sundays ago, was about people leaving the organization because they can't get along with another witness, because of something this particular person said or did... Well, that was part of the talk at least. The speaker said that many people who leave because they can't get along with someone, or they have a personal grudge against someone, usually have an underlying reason for leaving. Sigh, this is all pretty complicated if you ask me. Bottom line is that nobody is perfect and that includes JW's. But let's say I decide that baptism is not the way to go, that what IS the way to go?? Some days I tell myself that it is sufficient to thank God every day for life in general and for all the good things that come our way, but then I remember the sctipture in Hebrews where it says 'do not forsake the gatherings..' Thinking I still have a lot of figuring out to do..

Thank you for your thoughts, Alan. Your honesty is appreciated.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hi fairchild, and welcome.

You said: "Some days I tell myself that it is sufficient to thank God every day for life in general and for all the good things that come our way, but then I remember the sctipture in Hebrews where it says 'do not forsake the gatherings.."

My experience, as someone raised as a witness, and a believer for 30+ years, was that when I finally took a critical look at the "organization" and came to believe that it had no special connection to God, I then quickly began examining ALL my presuposed beliefs. Specifically, I wanted to find out just exactly why we all believed the bible to be the word of God (I know, that sounds odd for someone who's been a believer for thirty years, but I knew that the foundation wasn't there for me, I assumed that research would provide it).

So I guess my curiosity gives me this question for you, fairchild: You seem to put alot of stock in the Bible; what is it that makes you believe that the bible is from God, as opposed to a disparate collection of Hebrew men writing their history and mythology? Also, what gives you confidence that the Catholic Church founders who compiled the bible canon chose the books that God would have wanted included?

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi again NewLight2,

As a matter of fact, I have found websites that were remotely related to what is going on with me, but then I get scared and even hurry to wipe out the 'history' on my computer. I'm very sorry I can't be more specific, and I very much appreciate your attempt to help. It all started about 10 years ago, and I feel as if I have somehow 'lost' the past 10 years of my life. On the other hand, I do think that I have endured those years in the best way possible. On a rare occasion, i have thought that perhaps God will understand that what happened went beyond my comprehension, so I couldn't react while I had a chance. It's like throwing a snowball off a mountain, not realizing that you are going to cause an avalenge with it. And then some day you are the one on the base of the mountain, covered in snow and you can't shake it off, because it has become too heavy. Some people will try to shovel it away for you, but the problem is, it doesn't take a shovel to get rid of it, it takes a backhoe and nobody has such a thing. The 'normal' world as you knew it before lies beyond those tons of snow, but you can't get to it.

Sorry, I know this probably doesn't make sense to you, but it is the only way I can explain the hopelessness of the situation. I honestly have done anything humanly possible, except for one thing. That is the one thing I can't do.

• under74
    under74

JEEEEZ Fairchild you're gonna be up all night posting if you think you gotta write an individual post for each person's new post on this thread. You don't need to reply to this...I'm serious- you gotta lot of work to do...so skip me

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi outoftheorg,

You got a ten for spelling my name right. Of course I let it slip last time because you seemed like a nice person. (Just kidding, but not about the nice person part).

Yes, I hear you, and it is something that has worried me at times. My best friend, the kind of friend who calls several times a day, asking me which dress she should wear, or what she should make for dinner, well, she is a JW. If for some reason the JW's would no longer be allowed to associate with me some day (it can happen, no matter how well one';s intentions, let's say I fall in love with someone who's married), she would no longer be allowed to talk to me. I can't even imagine that situation, even if I tried hard. But the fact is that such thing can happen and I am well aware of that. It's something like... God above all, and if you do something that offends God, that would end association with certain friends. No matter how good of a friend she is, and she really is a turly good friend, I know that she would not talk to me anymore if she was not allowed to do so. That saddens me, it really does.

Actually, here's a story. Well, a true story. There is this really old lady in our kingdom hall. I like her a lot and always sit next to her and help her find scriptures, because her hands are so shaky. Unfortunately, in the past year, Alsheimers has been getting a hold of her, little by little. She has the habit of introducing herself to anyone and everyone who doesn't look familiar to her. So one day, about 3 weeks ago, this new lady and her son came to the Sunday meeting. After the meeting, I was standing in the hallway, talking to my elderly friend, when this lady and her son passed by us. So my friend grabbed her by the arm and introduced both of us. The lady said "I'm sorry, I am disfellowshipped", and then walked away. Later that day I told what happened to my good JW friend, and she told me she had known the lady for years and how hard it was for her not to talk to this person. That's pretty sad, don't you think?

Yes, I do get your point and it is taken. The caring would not continue should disfellowshipping happen, I know.

Thanks again for coming back, outoftheorg.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi sixofnine,

It's a fair question and it deserves an answer.

One of the major things that has always impressed me about the bible is the fact that it was written in the bible that the earth was round, (Isaiah 40:22) long before this was a generally accepted fact.

Another thing that impresses me are let's say the sanitation rules (Leviticus, Deuteronomy), should it have been written by some Hebrew men, how would they have known about such sanitation issues way back then?

Also, the bible has been backed up by scientifical evidence over and over again. And I'm sure you have heard this over and over again.. the harmony of 66 books written by 40 men over a long period of time.

Are any of the other books, written by men, from that time period still available today? No, not as far as I know. But then, i think what convinced me most was the discovery of Noah's ark, and how the measurements were in accordance with what was written in the bible, so many years before they discovered the ark.

Let's say in the worst case scenario, I am totally wrong and the bible is not the word of God. Okay, that would be a huge disappointment for me, but I would still truly advertise it as a great book to live by.

• steve2
    steve2

Hey Fairchild, Good of you to reply. I understand the overwhelm. Sometimes you just have to give yourself time to take everything in, and take a break every now and then. I'm heartened by the positive response from others to your posting. I look forward to hearing more from you on this discssion forum as and when you can! Warm regards, Steve.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

By the way Fairm I mean Fairchild.

I meant to add this to my last post and forgot.

If you wonder where and how I came up with this information, I was an Elder in a medium sized congregation.

All of which I speak, I either lived it personally or experienced it in my function as an Elder.

I was born into and raised by a jw family. Was in the org. until I was 56 yrs. old. Resigned as an elder at

48 yrs. old. I am now 69 yrs. old. The last aprox. 13 yrs have been the happiest years of my life. In some ways the ONLY truely happy years.

Outoftheorg

• anuva
    anuva

. hi fairchild...

i appreciate that you have such a beleif.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I do believe that there is at least more effort among JW's to be kind to one another. Perhaps I am wrong, but I do believe that there is at least more effort among JW's to be kind to one another. Perhaps I am wrong, but I do believe that there is at least more effort among JW's to be kind to one another
    but you know the pain and wicked ness is seen when TESTING TIMEs comes for all of us , and one of such example appears when it comes to JW 's ELDERS/WTS are seen explaining about the goodness of world , they never appreciate what you do , and instead they MAKE it ALL SINNER except THEMSELVES...you know ..."worldly " ....and i hope you will see that this is hardly a HUMBLe and LOVING attitude??
    do you remember fairchild there is a christ's saying....."if they love you just because you are there FOLD, what is the difference between them and TAXMEN??? both appreciate till they get their ways done?
    the true nature of love and care , affection comes when we appreciate the differences and love with heart without mailce due to any religious/customary beleif ? and i feel you can check the truth of this ststement by just taking time talking with any elder and mention the great and good deeds of a lady "mother TERESA" (she worked in slums and leprosy patients in INDIA all her life ) and appreciate her, you will see by the reaction that how much love JWs give to the world? or they just give the love to those who ACCEPT that Russell WAS god's choosen , then it was 1914 that END WAS TO COME BUT new light came and it was indicated end coming in 1925 , so followers may not marry , reject VACCINATION AS bloodguilty crime , and after 1935 passed .. ..NEW LIGHT AGAIN SHINED ...to take END to 1975 .....again after 1976 new light shined and NOW TO GET THEIR LOVE YOU WILL HAVE TO BELEIVE THAT END IS NEAR , this time without any date .
    i really appreciate that JWS have love , but that love has yet to prove itself among neighbours ...not fellow JWs..and that without being asked to follow WTBTS..as christ said........the greatest commandment is to love thy neighbors, not just fellow JWs .
    you know i also belive like you that there are individuals who are great and loving, but it has nothing to do with JW or WTBTS, they will be as loving and kind as they are without ..WTS and JWS also .won't they ?
    love and peace with you
    anuva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit