My story, please read

by fairchild 108 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi happy guy,

The elder's advice to study more was because I don't feel that 'closeness' I should feel to God. It was the same elder I went to with the strange situation I have been in for a few years now. He did admit that my situation is kind of unique and not something he had ever had to deal with. He said he would talk about this to other elders and would let me know if there is anything that can be done. I am currently waiting for his reply.

No, I don't think I need a psychologist, as I am actually pretty happy in general. Yes, I am in a stressful and rather serious situation, but refuse to give up hope. It's been several years now and I know that there will be a way out, I just have to find that way.

Thank you for replying, hapopy guy and have a great evening.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi again Fairchild.

Your comments about how terrible the world is getting to be. With so much suffering and wickedness, reminds me of myself when I was a believing member ot the jw's

I was scared all the time and feared the world in general.

Really if we look back in history, we are ALL better off today in many ways. In the past OLD folks had to depend on relatives or live a life of poverty. Now all developed nations have some form of Social security to help them.

We have much better medical help now. People are living longer lives.

There has ALWAYS been wars and rumors of wars. There have always been earthquakes and todays imformation tells us that they have NOT increased.

Even the wars of today are less bloody and fewer casualties especially among civilians, than in the ancient past especially.

ALL high control religions use this fear factor " a constant obsession on painting the world in general as an awful, dangerous, hateful, terrible place to have to live in.

Then of course, they have a way out of this fear "down the road" IF you follow our instructions.

Outoftheorg

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

You might want to check out these two pages.
    JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS

This one contains many links to important information regarding the Watchtower Society.

NewLight2's Links Page

Johannes Greber's Home Page

NewLight2

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi Sandy,

Wow, I am truly amazed by the amount of replies and I'm trying to keep up with answering. This sure is a nice welcome and I feel home here already.

To be really, really honest, I have often asked myself that question. I don't have children, unfortunately, but if I did.. unless the situation presented itself, I guess we wouldn't know for sure how to react. My answer to your question would be, if I had a child and had to make a decision between blood or death for my child, I think I would let my child have blood. My child would still be able to grow up and make his or her own decision to either serve or not serve Jehovah, but at least the child would have a chance to grow up.

To answer your other question, I recently read 'the silent lambs'. Yes, that was very sad. I don't know what to say but hope that such things don't happen as a rule. Child abuse is horrible, to say the least, and I do realize that in a closed group where women don't have a real voice, it can be very tough.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Thank you for replying, hapopy guy and have a great evening.

Thank you. I hope you find happiness and peace of mind .

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi under 74,

Thank you very much for replying. What I am getting so far from the replies is that I should learn, not just about the bible, but also about the organization of JW's. That is why a site like this one is a great place, because, as I've been roaming around here for a couple of months now, I've noticed that all voices are heard, JW's, ex JW's and non JW's. This is a very positive thing about this site.

I know you don't mean to prey, and believe me, I wish I could just tell you. It is a good question you are asking, and the answer is clear. My situation is definitely against biblical principles. It is merely a bad situation gone worse, something I walked into and before I fully knew what I was doing, there was no way back. Trust me, if there was a way back, I would go back right this second.

Thank you for your kind words.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well Fairchild, it is getting late here so, I am going to sign off.

It has been a pleasure talking with you. Stick around and relax, there are many many nice people on this forum and they are all willing to be helpful and are not judgemental sp?.

Life is not always easy, but it seldom requires quick decisions either. Decisons made in desperation will usually turn out to be the wrong decision.

I have learned a mountain of information on this site and the other ones called to your attention.

It amazes me, how much easier it is to make an "educated" decision and how much better the results are.

I wish I had known this years ago.

Good night Fairmind.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi again Fleur,

Thank you, I will check out that website tomorrow. (It's getting late here).

I am very interested in how the organization came to be, as I don't know much about that at all.

And no, I wasn't born different than anyone else. I really wish I could tell you everything. The secret I carry around weighs heavy. I have shared it with a few people over the years, twice to a total stranger on the internet, and recently with an elder in the congregation. People are usually speechless when I tell them.

Thank you for your kindness, Fleur, and I'll make sure to check out that link.

Have a nice evening.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi again happy guy,

I tried to quote your second comment here, but don't know how to do this. Copying didn't work.

Perhaps I am fortunate, but the people in the kingdom hall where I go all seem really nice and giving. It is absolutely true that being a JW does not shelter anyone from wickedness. I do have to say that I am very shy and don't have a lot of friends, gosh, I'm a true loner and don't know a lot of people period.

Last winter I had pneumonia and was very ill. It were the JW's who took care of me, brought me food, picked up my medication, and called daily to check up on me. No, I don't think for one second that JW's are perfect or even close to it, but I do believe that most of the JW's I know do their best to be helpful to one another in many ways.

It is probably safe to say though, that there are wonderful people and not-so-wonderful people both in 'the world' and in the congregation.

• fairchild
    fairchild

outoftheorg,

Again you are bringing a smile to my face. Point taken about 'the world' not being so bad that we shoud be afraid to open our front doors. But I have to admit that people have always scared me in a way, and this was long before I had ever heard of JW's. I live way in the middle of nowhere, right in what they call 'bear country'. People are amazed that I can spend days in the woods all by myself, with only a hunting knife to defend myself in case of an emergency. I have seen bears at arm's length, and that doesn't scare me as much as going to walmart once a month to do my grocery shopping.

You are right that decisions made in desperation are not usually the right decision, and don't worry, I will read and read and read!

Sleep well, outoftheorg (gosh I love that name)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit