Your favorite JW made-up word

by dorothy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Fleshly family.

Yeah, especially those who mispronounced it as "fleshy" as in "my fleshy sister is coming down for the weekend". I always imagined someone with abundant rolls of fat waddling in.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

someone saying don't get too friendly with so-and-so, because they are "spiritually weak", and in the same breath gush over the talk about how "only Jehovah can read someone's heart".

"agape" isn't a made-up word, but i always thought it sounded pretentious and empty. why not just use "love", for chrissakes?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

omg

Yeah, especially those who mispronounced it as "fleshy" as in "my fleshy sister is coming down for the weekend". I always imagined someone with abundant rolls of fat waddling in.

lol

• FairMind
    FairMind

How about "Current-Truth"? I added the hyphen to make this one word. The very term current truth suggests that it is temporary and not really a fact (which is what truth is).

FM

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I know these words are not made up, but JW's have given them new meanings.

Disfellowshipped...

pratt

Try looking up that work up in the dictionary pratt and then check back in here when you find it

That's one word that really burns me. It's not even a word you can find in an English dictionary, let alone in the Bible.

And we used to give other religions heat on the "Trinity" because that word isn't in the Bible

But here the JW's have completely fabricated a new word in the English language just to carry out their harsh shunning.

"Let's make our punishment sound loving by making up a word that has 'fellowship' as it's root."

Hypocrites

• John B
    John B

Hi everyone

• John B
    John B

Hi everyone, I used to be a member here a long time ago and decided to rejoin. I wierdest JW made-up word was a word they used in their verson of the Old Testament. Most Bibles say "flag" or "standard" from what I remember, but NWT says "three tribe division" instead. What the hell does that mean? Also the terms "new light" and "old light" are pretty funny

• avishai
    avishai

Hi John b!!!

How about their definition of minister? When it comes to dodging the draft, legal battles, everyone is. But when it comes to dodging everything else (i.e mandatory reporting of child abuse, etc.) Then they don't have "clergy".

How about "religion"? when they're are in mexico, and some other countries, they are'nt one, as a dodge.

And finally, my fave. Kingdom hall. I mean, seriously. Even as a kid, it drove me crazy to say I did'nt go to "church" I went to a hall. How F**king petty and weird do you have to be to make up a new word for church? Damn, it's like I did'nt get beat up enough for not saluting the flag and celebrating holidays?

• evergreen
    evergreen

"field service" springs to mind ,although these are in the dictionary.But tied together, sounds way different and certainly would confuse the "worldlings".

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Not a made-up word but a JW word with multiple connotations - privilege

Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit