Your favorite JW made-up word

by dorothy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Tres Happy,

FYI, "colporteur" is a real French word, so I just looked up its meaning in my French dictionary:

colporteur (m.) / colporteuse (f.) : Walking merchant who sells his merchandise from house to house.

colporter (verb): 1. To transport with oneself (merchandise) in order to sell. 2. Transmit (information) to many persons (oftentimes used as an insult). LOL

outnfree

• outnfree
    outnfree

HA HA HA, ((((Blondie)))) !

GMTA

Brenda

• undercover
    undercover

Special Pioneer

Is that anything like Special Olympics?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I have a very visual mind so when I first heard the word pioneer I thought of covered wagons, women dressed in prairie dresses, cowboys and Indians and Davey Crocket. This wicked system of things brought up images of a septic system. Publisher of course made me think of a book company. I thought colporteur was some guy dressed in a funny suit that took tickets on a train. It took me a while to learn the real JW meanings behind all the "theocratic" language or what the word "theocratic" meant, but even after I was fully endoctrinated I still retained the above images and many others in my head. If I had to pick one Pioneer would be my "favorite" of them all because of the above images that this word conjured up in my head. (For me it took the dignity out of the supposedly dignified position--maybe that is one reason I could never Pioneer--the title was just too corny.)

Sometimes the little kids in the congo would misunderstand the words too. One little girl in our congo was really excited about the circus overseer coming. I don't know what the vision in her head was on that one, but I'm sure she was disappointed when some old boring guy in a grey suit showed up.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I know these words are not made up, but JW's have given them new meanings.

Disfellowshipped

Disaasociated

Shun

• Scully
    Scully

"stick-to-it-iveness"

I don't know if this is an official JW-speak term, but I remember it being bandied about shortly after 1975 came and went.

• bebu
    bebu

LOL. Happifying is soooo ridiculous. Cyber-sister, the things you pictured are almost exactly as mine--with the exception of the sewer system. I imagine a business. Obviously, your imagination is a lot more accurate than mine.

bebu

• lawrence
    lawrence

Most of us were members of "The TRUTH". Or, as some here state, "The truff."

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Upbuilding.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Upbuilding.

Fleshly family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit