Your favorite JW made-up word

by dorothy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Pioneer Movement is Russia and Cuba was a children's organization designed to inculcate Communism. I wonder what word JWs used in those countries to identify their pioneers? It seems that if they used the same word that would have created a lot of confusion.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Some People in the hall and Curcuit Overseers had the license tag I'd rather be pioneering. Its not a made up word but I always thought what would your average person think of that what they'd rather be pioneers of the 19th century and live in tents what weirdos.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Agree with FM that "current-truth" is just plain wacko. It's even in one of their songs:

...and keep in step with present truth...da da-da da-da daaa daaaa

SNG

• Gopher
    Gopher

UNTHEOCRATIC.

Used by elders and leaders to scold anyone not sufficiently subservient.

Who else but JW's would possibly use the word "untheocratic"?

• Princess
    Princess

I swear "similarly" is used in every Watchtower study. Ends up being a hilarious tongue twister most times.

LOL Blondie...I was thinking "happifying" too. What a stupid word.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

John B... I remember that one. It's pretty clear from Numbers 1:52 and 2:2 in any normal translation that the Israelites had standards or banners (i.e. flags), but of course that would screw with the WTS position that national flags are symbols of idolatry.

They do actually have an admission of that fact tucked away in the Insight book, saying that " it is possible that there were tribal markers as well as family ensigns." (vol 1 p397)

• blondie
    blondie
    I swear "similarly" is used in every Watchtower study.

Princess, this word appears in the WTs from 1950 to 2003 an average of 35 times yearly.

• shamus
    shamus

Fleshly brothers and sisters still makes me giggle.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Calling your wife or husband your "mate".

"I'm searching for a mate" -- that's a definite Borgian phrase!

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

"Mesiahship" was mentioned in a bookstudy publication a few years back, as in "Jesus earned his mesiahship by dying on a torture stake."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit