Famous Atheist Now Believes in God

by MegaDude 73 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

As I mentioned in the other thread....I still like the outrageous hypothesis that WE are God -- WE being the collective consciousness (perhaps future) of humanity, a la the Omega Point that Pierre Teilhard de Chardin talked about.

You.....never.....know!

Bradley

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well thumbs up to the guy, it takes a strong man to admit that all his work has been error, I wish the WTS would take a leaf out of his book and admit all their errors..

Brummie

• logansrun
    logansrun

Brummie,

Well thumbs up to the guy, it takes a strong man to admit that all his work has been error

Just because he is now a deist does not mean that "all his work has been in error." That's illogical. Flew's work included much more than just a "Is there some sort of God, yes or no?" type of career. I mean, come on.

Bradley

• heathen
    heathen

Yah he's got all the bases covered there , a God somewhere between the likeness of the bible and Islam . Woa what the hell could that mean ? since the God of the bible doesn't like the God of Islam or the God of Islam doesn't like the God of the bible , now where does that leave ya ?, no better off than being a atheist IMO .

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Just because he is now a deist does not mean that "all his work has been in error." .

Oh yeah, I never thought of that...doh

• logansrun
    logansrun

heathen,

Where the hell did you get any reference to Islam -- or the Bible for that matter -- in the article, heathen? And....why the put down?

B.

• flower
    flower
    flower, if he was "just scared of dying" wouldn't you think he would have at least said he believed in an afterlife?

no I dont necessarily think so.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Hey Bradley

You seem to have taken this guy's flip/flop very seriously. Hang in there!

• logansrun
    logansrun

flower,

And would you like to back your statement up with some type of reason??

B.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Perhaps the idea of terrorists using "lasers" put the fear of God in him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit