Are you a JW Hater?

by MelbaToast 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

I love family and old friends, despite the fact that they are JW's. I hate the behavior that the organization enforces on them. I hate the misleading that the WTS does. I hate the WTS.

Like Angharad said, it takes a lot of energy to hate something. I hope someday that I will find a peaceful place in which to let go of the hate. Right now, in this moment, space, and time, when I see what they have done to my family, I do still hate them.

I'm working on that. But to me it's about hating child abuse, high control groups, and liars. It's about so much more than religion.

I feel sorry for the JWs individually. They've been misled; and many are so sincere. Most in my family are very sincere. It's hard to hate sincerity.

But I really do 'actively dislike' (great term, Ang!) being preached at.

hugs

essie

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    avishai:I love individual Jw's. I hate the watchtower society.

I love individual JWs, too. So, I'm B_Ing Invisible. I hate what the WTBTS does to people's willingness to think and decide. They dumb down some very bright people, while true wisdom has a very different effect.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

not a jw hater. my parents are jws and i dont hate them. come to think of it i really dont hate anyone. i have extreme dislike for a few persons but i dont hate anyone. but i do hate the watchtower organization...i think it's evil.

Mrs Jones

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

No, I don't hate JW"s, nor the religion.

Hate is a very strong NEGATIVE emotion, which I don't like or practice.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Takes too much energy to hate someone. I don't hate my ex....he gave me my son, but I do hate the the practice he now preaches. It's easier for him to be instructed in life than take the responsiblity to live for himself.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I "hate" no one and respect every person I meet until they prove me different by their behaviour. It doesn't matter who they are, what their lot in life is, race, sexual preference, religious preference, et.al.

I am human, and I do sometimes have preconceived ideas on who a person is by their appearance, I do have some prejudices I have developed over time and experience. But I do try to set those aside and take each as an individual and I have been delighted many, many times when my prejudice has been proved wrong. Then, there are those who live up to their stereotypes.....

Peace

Brenda

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Just using my old JW underlining skills here.

It's interesting to go back and read between the lines here without the WT questions to prompt us into answering. Where do you think the WT was leading us on this one? This is hardley subliminal, but strange I didn't see it like this when I was in the midst of it.

*** Watchtower 1961 July 15 p.420 A Time and Place for Everything ***

Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's Word also says to "hate what is bad." When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked. Indicating that Jesus did not mean for us to love the hardened enemies of Jehovah, David expressed this God-approved attitude: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies."-Matt. 5:44; Amos 5:15; Ps. 139:21, 22.

*** Watchtower 1980 June 15 p.8 What It Takes to Keep Separate from the World ***

What It Takes to Keep Separate from the World

Without a doubt, our appreciating just how wicked and corrupt Satan's world is will help us to keep separate from the world. Such appreciation will make it easy for us to obey the command found at Psalm 97:10: "O you lovers of Jehovah, hate what is bad." No matter how pleasant, how enticing, wicked things are to the fallen flesh, we must abhor them, even as the apostle commands. (Rom. 12:9) More than that, we want to hate those who willfully show themselves haters of Jehovah, haters of what is good. As David of old expressed it: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies." (Ps. 139:21, 22) We hate them, not in the sense of wanting to do them harm or wishing them harm but in the sense of avoiding them as we would poison or a poisonous snake, for they can poison us spiritually.

I guess if I'm supposed to hate what is bad I hate religious propaganda such as the above. I feel sad for people who follow along with it not realizing the direction they are being led . I'm sorry I didn't read between the lines a lot earlier.

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit