Your favorite quote about religion/God?

by formerout 38 Replies latest social humour

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

God created man in his image. Men created God in theirs. You hear this and consider this a contradiction. Meditate until you understand it isn't. - Freemason riddle.

CZAR

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't. ~Jules Renard

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Here's my favorite God quote from Hollywood:

First Blood
    Sheriff Teasle: Why would God in Heaven make a man like John Rambo?
    Col. Trautman: God didn't make Rambo. I did!

And a close second:

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Kirk: What would God need with a starship?

Are they profound? No. But fun to say. Try it; you'll see what I mean!
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've got a button that says:
    "Jesus loves you!
    But I'm his favourite
    "

Hehehe

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

and man created god in his image

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

If you don't believe in Gosh, you'll be darned to heck

• outnfree
    outnfree

A Religion is as much a progressive unlearning of false ideas concerning God as it is the learning of the true ideas concerning God. - Mordecai Kaplan

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"Shake off all the fears and servile prejudices under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." --Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1787. ME 6:258 Papers 12:15

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

shepherds are predators who fleece and lead their flocks to the slaughter --Austin Miles [dont call me brother]

reality is what you can get away with --Robert A Wilson.

GOD is the Generator Of Diversity -unknown.

one the six day God created man, and on the seventh day Man returned the favor a thousand fold --unknown.

Even if a real god exists, there is no reason to believe sanity is a requirement -- me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit