The Watchtower's Dilemma

by metatron 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the money will go to the board members of the still active owners "the wtbs of Pennsylvania"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

1) The WTS is strictly end-time oriented. AGREED so they could be really bold and actually state 2034 (1914 +120 years of Noah) and worry about the embarrassment wehn it fails later.

But wouldn't they hemmorage out of existence before 2034? It seems like most would see the 'grasping at straws'.

Then again maybe not - look how long some of us hung on after 1975....

Jeff

• FairMind
    FairMind

I think that the WTS in a dying state. There is one thing of which I'm fully convinced, no matter what "new light" they come up with the hard-core JWs will by it. They will believe anything Mother says. It is totally perplexing to me how otherwise intelligent people (such as my wife) can be duped over and over again and not see what's going on.

FM

• barbar
    barbar

Most of you are mislead. There is no dilemma.

Just because it is plain to you that threy are struggling, does not mean that those still in the org recognise it.

There have always been a high turnover of witnesses and there always will be . But there are are also many faithful ones who will stick with it whatever. I am absolutely conviced that people believe what they want to believe. The "Society" can shed "new light" which destroys the old light (e.g. the generation) yet most people will dismiss such major changes despite having based their whole life on the old meaning.

If you look at the beliefs of 130 years ago, they bear little resemblance to today, the WT has managed to teach conflicting beliefs as truth and is remarkably good at evolving to suit the times that it is operarting in.

I don't see any reason why that will change in the near future.

Barbar

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I think that the org will split into two seperate churches. One will be the existing fundamentalist group. The other will be a more mainstream group that does away with doctrines such as disfellowshipping, book sales, and the bad association policies that keep JW's so secluded from the rest of the world. If you think about it you have younger JW's that are leaving the org in record numbers. Most of them are still searching for some semblance of spirituality yet they are scared to consider another church. Somebody is going to tap into that market eventually.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I see the core of the U.S. organization of JWs to be a group of aging baby boomers. One of the problems with this generation is that they were raised in a time where education was most definitely frowned upon. Many have spent their life working menial jobs and have not prepared financially for retirement. Many of these are experiencing increasing mental health problems and a large number are using antideppresant medications. I knew so many on these types of medication I thought it was the norm for society as most all my JW women friends were on them (a lot of the men too.) Taking a personal survey of the people I know now the numbers are much lower with the non-JW people I know. The few JWs I know who I still have through the grapevine contact with seem to becoming increasingly more mentally disturbed and some are even displaying more outlandish behaviours.

If this generation is truly the backbone of the JW Org I don't think they will be able to keep it together much longer as far as financially supporting the Org. Many of these will be financially strapped in their aging years. Part of the depression I can see is because of so many broken families. A lot of these have lost their children "to the world." So along with having poor finances in their aging years, they won't have the family support of their children ( a lot of sadness here). With so many young ones leaving and very few young ones joining up (the only new ones I knew who came in were strange or didn't stay for too long) the U.S population of JWs will decrease. The Org's only hope of staying alive is to head into the 3rd world countries, which they are doing right now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit